k1 bodykit

gareth watson

awrite folks prob bn asked b4 he ho,lookin for a k1 kit for my cupra but no realy wnt 2 part wi a grand for a brand new 1 any ideas were i cud get a 2nd hand 1??

mike_allison

Nov 25, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
just a quick word of advice, speaking like you are sending a text doesn't go down to well here!

Ebay, might be a good idea. You could also check out the likes of pistonheads classified parts section.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
ive decided to fork out the near on a grand mark and get it fitted by stealers, keeps paint warranty etc.

buy the time ive paid for a decent kit off line for 500 quid, prepped it and sprayed for another 200, then then my own man hours of fitting... i may aswell spend another 200 and get them to do it.

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
Hi Tonto,

What have you been quoted for the kit fitted and painted out of intrest? I'm looking to get the BTCC it in the new year.

Cheers :)

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Hi Tonto,

What have you been quoted for the kit fitted and painted out of intrest? I'm looking to get the BTCC it in the new year.

Cheers :)

i think final quote (as i have numerous mates who work at my local dealer) worked out just shy of 1k, fully fitted inc VAT without the exhaust as i would fit a milltek.

but i dont think its that much more at full price.

imo, its obvioulsy the best route to go down. its all good saying you have a midnight black leon, and buy a midnight black kit off ebay, but it could be slightly or even noticablly difference when painted. atleast with a dealer you could argue till it matched to your needs.

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
When I enquired about the kit one of the local dealers wanted 2.5K to supply, spray and fit it. The price also included the twin exhaust backbox.

Needless to say, I didn't bother at that price!

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
When I enquired about the kit one of the local dealers wanted 2.5K to supply, spray and fit it. The price also included the twin exhaust backbox.

Needless to say, I didn't bother at that price!

i would have dragged them over the counter and punched them!

thats a joke!

frost87

Mar 25, 2010
Doncaster
just had a quote tonight from my local stealers about supplying, painting and fitting JUST the btcc spoiler and it came in at a grand total of just over £400. i almost fell over!

considering that the cost of the spoiler is only £130, i thought paying £270 to hav it sprayed and fitted was a little steep.

must be paying for their xmas party i guess

humza123

hii try here
ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEON-CUPRA-K1-BTCC-GENUINE-BODY-KIT-05-/370540619590?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5645f12746

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
I'll have a K1/BTCC rear bumper and central exhaust for sale soon. I am going to fit a tow bar so changing to the twin exhaust.
I already have the twin exhaust just need to buy the bumper and have it sprayed then I'll be able to sell the bumper and central exhaust. As it is coming off my car it is already painted in Inferi Black.

vt-marty

Manual is for Peasants
Nov 21, 2007
Marske by the Sea
when i ordered my car new (feb 2010) the retail for teh full kit including the centre exit exhaust was circa £1600, the exhausts alone are about £340 iirc....

the stealer wanted total of £2k all in supplied and fitted and i was happy with that considering.

yes you can get cheaper alternatives but im happy.

but for reference M1 Autos who were quoting me for athe new car wanted £2500 for teh kit all supplied and fitted BUT they wouldnt include the rear bumper or exhaust - didnt want to do exhaust mods they told me....obviously i declined the car from them.

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
Seatstu, let me know when you put them up for sale as im looking for both these parts. PM with details when you can, thanks

OK mate, Won't be getting new rear bumper untill sometime early next year, will let you know when they are available.

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
If your looking for a k1 exhaust mate, im selling a blueflame turbo back. You would be aswell getting seat to do it for you then you know it will be decent quality and not a cheap kit.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members