MOT Fail - Need Help

SamIbiza

Oct 14, 2010
Hey guys no posts for a while, recently had MOT and to no surprise to be honest it failed.

MOT IMAGE POSTED BELOW

ifsc2q.jpg

Just a few questions

Tyres: Should be fine if i get some part worn

Main problem: Shock absorber, for one the garage doesn't specialize in my suspension so basically knows sweet FA about them, i'm currently sitting it on FK Highsport Coilovers - where can i can a single offside rear shock absorber from and does it have to be the same brand?

funny how this was never mentioned at last MOT and it seems to look the same to me, he said it sits very low and is shredding the Tyre, well aren't coilovers supposed to be low?

Mechanic told me that the rear wheel bearing issue may be fixed by the new shock absorber.

thats the only real issue is where i can source this stupid shock absorber..

any help appreciated, don't have much time to get this fixed.

Thanks Sam.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I would recommend you buy a pair of rear shocks for the car, having them at different mileage will mean they behave differently, and the car will feel a bit odd. You might also have trouble buying one, although I know some places do sell single shocks.

You mention the rear wheel bearing, I'm not sure how a replacement shock absorber will fix a wheel bearing? That doesn't make sense to me?

SamIbiza

Oct 14, 2010
Ok guys gonna scrap the car its out of my hands - so may sell as spares and repairs - MOT Fail - just aint got the money to fix with uni and all - will update on it - let me know on any interest ASAP!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You're scrapping the car for the cost of a tyre, a £20 damper, a £20 wheel bearing & a tiny bit of welding?

If you are even useless with a spanner you can do the shock & bearing yourself, welding is £30 & a tyre? madness

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'm with m0rk, you're going to lose megabucks if you don't at least get the problems fixed. Why don't you get a loan from somewhere, fix and MOT it, then sell as a complete car? That'll leave you money to pay the loan and a lot more than spares/repair.

By the way, what was your time limit? Can't you keep the car off the road until you can get it sorted?

SamIbiza

Oct 14, 2010
80 quid each new tyre x 2 the shock absorber is gonna need to be ordered at 100+
New tax + mot
And the car engine is on its way out to be honest :/

Wouldn't last me long enough

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
We all say were gonna scrap the beezas after failing mots, ive said it about 2-3 years in a row, its a phase us beeza owners go through. Just get it fixed, and i can almost guarantee it will put a smile on your face.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.