Idiot ripped mirror off

tommy918

Mar 4, 2011
North London
just had an idiot in a lorry rip the wing mirror of my mk 2 lcr of course he is denying its his fault is there any point in me going through my insurance i really dont want to end up losing my no claims .does anybody have the price of a new mirror for the r .

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Sorry to hear that mate,i would contact dave at sere motors for a price and sort it yourself,the insurance will only hold it against you for the next 3-5 years

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
just had an idiot in a lorry rip the wing mirror of my mk 2 lcr of course he is denying its his fault is there any point in me going through my insurance i really dont want to end up losing my no claims .does anybody have the price of a new mirror for the r .

I'd make the stupid **** pay for it

tommy918

Mar 4, 2011
North London
its the first time ive ever had to make a claim so not sure what the chances are of winning the claim and l really dont want to lose my ncb. I need to get the price of the new mirror and fitting first to work out what will be best .

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
I would not bother going through a claim because if he is disputing it you will be waiting a long time to have it resolved and then it may not go in your favour either and mess up your no claims, which isnt good

Welsh_Steve

Flappy Paddle Lover!
Dec 7, 2011
If you got his number plate report him to the police. Also contact his employer. If all else fails just bite the bullet and buy one bud. Search scrappies and ebay if you cant find a colour match get both mirrors wrapped in the trim of your choice. The excess will probably cost more than the mirror in most cases so not worth claiming.

paulfs

Nov 10, 2009
New Forest, HANTS
do you have protected ncb? if so may be worth a shot, but if he's denying it may not be worth the excess, or the time...
makes you wonder if should install cameras?

Jan 3, 2011
Don't be mugged off and pay out ur own pocket if your in no doubt at fault contact the employer and sting the company and driver.

Sep 17, 2011
Cost me £150 ish for replacement electric mirror and fitting at local dealer, surely less than your excess