what air filter are people using?

fillmecca

Fillmecca
Aug 9, 2010
Cumbria
Thanks all.. I am still undecided seems a few people have panel filters so I now need to decided if I'm going for a bmc panel n a few other parts forge 007 dump valve and hid kit all this month. Or if I go for say a bmc cda or pipercross venom is have to wait until next months payday to get my dump valve n hids ... descions decions

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
avoid BMC CDA unless you want to loose power and airflow

15g/s LESS than a JR on an S3 I saw - shocking when you see how small a filter is inside the BMC CDA

fillmecca

Fillmecca
Aug 9, 2010
Cumbria
Ok cheers for that. It's either going to be a panel filter n the other bits i want or a Jr one if I can find one that OS.

Pyro

Ring bill for one ;) he supply's them and all his details are in his sig which you can see above ;)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Jetex green filter under the wing on the end of a cold air intake

DSC05576.jpg

fillmecca

Fillmecca
Aug 9, 2010
Cumbria
anyone using or used either of these.. Neuspeed P-flow or a Pipercross Venom found on awsome gti also on dpm performance?

S15YCE

Sep 15, 2011
Hereford
JR Cone Filter here with a pretty shoddy heatshield.

Want to get a jabbasport style one - might make my own (there are some good guides about on the S3/A3 forums)

fillmecca

Fillmecca
Aug 9, 2010
Cumbria
i have a carboni filter from awsome gti one that goes under the wing down by the front bumper shall let you all know how this gets on

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
ram air cone for me with bracket but didnt like their design for the sai pipe so removed connecter of sai pipe (pops off and can be refitted) and fitted a 30mm internal diameter breather filter (bmc) over the pipe looks better

Seb66

Powertec for me.....

On the previous page last photo..., is the forge DV fitted the wrong way round here? i thought they had to be fitted in the reverse way to the OEM valve. confused, one of us has fitted our valve the wrong way lol