D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I've been out and given the car a bit a blast this morning and there is certainly more punch lower down now :D The boost is holding well too :D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Ahhhhhh I hope mine is in Mon/Tues or I'm gona have to wait till Saturday to get it on!!

Glad your pleased with the TIP though mate. I did say to you it's like an oversize Forge one and my lower down grunt was better with the Forge fitted tbh.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
A couple of pictures I've been having a play with.

untitled1of1-2.jpg

untitled1of1-3.jpg

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
5 stars from me too :D

Love those 2 previous pics too, very arty!

Love the 2nd pic down! Top one is good, but 2nd one the wheel looks awesome.

:D Thanks guy's :D My job is moving into more of a colour managment posistion, the equipment I'll be using should help me improve my photo's :D

Had a very intresting conversation with Shaun and Ben @AmD today regarding my map :whistle:
There's might also be a chance to put to bed the myth that AmD's roller's are inaccurate, Just need to see what happens after Christmas :think:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Need to do another photoshoot of the cars!! Your photos are getting very good mate.

Interesting convo eh ;)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
:D Thanks guy's :D My job is moving into more of a colour managment posistion, the equipment I'll be using should help me improve my photo's :D

Had a very intresting conversation with Shaun and Ben @AmD today regarding my map :whistle:
There's might also be a chance to put to bed the myth that AmD's roller's are inaccurate, Just need to see what happens after Christmas :think:

All this dyno talk cracks me up. I still think the only real accurate dyno's are the ones which bolt directly onto the hubs. AMD's neighbours do it that way ;)

Effects on the pics look sweet mate, liking the signature on them also. Btw don't get too busy in the new year, you got some work to do on mine remember :D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
All this dyno talk cracks me up. I still think the only real accurate dyno's are the ones which bolt directly onto the hubs. AMD's neighbours do it that way ;)

Effects on the pics look sweet mate, liking the signature on them also. Btw don't get too busy in the new year, you got some work to do on mine remember :D

What work is this El... I'm intrigued :think:

Aug 24, 2007
There’s been a lot of talk over the last year about rolling road figures.
Sceptics often say one tuners dyno is better than another or that others inflate the figures to please customers.
Tuners say that pub numbers don’t matter, its how the car drives.
Different crews use different tuners.

My car reflects my own view on the whole modded car scene. It’s not about following the crowd, its about getting the very best out of the car on the road and track. Most of the upgrades have been modified to fit my car and my specification.
When it came to getting a new remap this didn’t change, full custom was the only option and R- Tech were the only people I wanted to use.

Darren’s car follows a different path, high quality off the shelf performance parts are used to achieve the OEM+ finish he loves.
Outright performance is not the primary goal, reliability and factory fitted style are.
AMD have looked after and tuned his car for years and benefit from its presence at meets and shows, the car is a rolling advert after all.
Having fitted the new SFS 3” tip onto the LCR it was time for a stage 2 remap as this is probably the last upgrade the car will see. Anything else will ruin what is the Mona Lisa of the Seat crew.

I was pleasantly surprised when AMD invited me to run my car on their dyno.
This gave us the chance to see how an R- Tech mapped car performed on a different type of dyno to the one it was mapped on.

The car has brand new plugs and coil packs fitted so is running 100%
Low ambient temperature and humidity made perfect conditions for performance testing. My car is an absolute animal to drive and the graph would hopefully reflect this.
None of us were that surprised when my car returned figures that were within 5% of the R- Tech dyno. Shaun was impressed by my new maps performance and said as much.

Kudos to Shaun and AMD for the hospitality, they have nothing to prove so it was a really nice gesture that will hopefully lay to rest some of the negative comments found on the web.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Thanks for coming down today Myles, hopfully this will help show that AmD's rollers dont over read like many people like to think.

I'll get some details of what I had done in a bit :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members