Rear beam bushes

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

Just spent the last few hours looking for Powerflex rear beam bushes, everything on here and the Powerflex website contradicts one and other, so please could someone confirm this;

The Powerflex website list 2 different bushes for the rear beam of the Ibiza

PFR85-615 for pre 1997
PFR85-915 supposed to be for 1997-2002

The part numbers I've found reference for on here all start PFF, so I rang Powerflex and asked them what the difference is for the PFF85-615 & PFF85-915 (part numbers I've found on SCN) according to them the only difference is the size, 66mm & 80mm respectively, but they're listed for the Ibiza, so seem correct!! :confused:

After having a measure up it looks like the 66mm ones are the ones for the Mk3 Ibiza, which would suggest the PFF85-615. Could someone please confirm this for me?!

Finally the last thing I asked was that I wanted them in the black compound and they said just ask your supplier to send that part number in the black compound version (stiffer material than the normal purple), is that correct also?!! I can't understand how two different items would have the same part number. Maybe this is me being anal but I would really like to clear this up for everyone on here not just myself.

Oct 2, 2006
Try ringing Alex at Backdraft or maybe Bill at Badger5 I bought my rear beam Powerflex items from one of those suppliers, struggling to remember who from it was a long time ago. Def worth doing make a good noticeable difference.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Sai - I know ;) but just to clarify for everyone on here what diameters do Powerflex supply and which ones do the Ibiza use?

The ones listed on the website are seemingly still wrong!! Neither of the above sizes fit the Ibiza Cupra/R. As I say when I rang they have 66mm and 80mm Powerflex bushes for our cars.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
try the polys... but expect to replace them in due course.
easier to fit i expect

I agree that the vt's are much better, but the polys will still last far longer than the standard bushes so 5 years +.

You just have to ask for the black compound. Same part number and its special order too. Sai will be able to sort it out. Takes around 1 week to get them made.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.