Under seat ipod dock

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
I stumbled across the ipod dock at the weekend (the one under the drivers seat) :funk:

so now im thinking about getting an ipod to use with it (will save me burning dvd/cd to put on the rns510). now here is my dilemma, i have only got one of the inserts and i have no idea which ipod goes with it. Im guessing i could use it with no insert but once again i have no idea what ipod would fit :confused:

the insert i have has "9." marked in the plastic.

i have tried an ipod nano (2nd gen) and the size of the slot is correct but the connector alignment is not :(

any help would be great or if anyone has a set of inserts that are no longer needed then give me a pm

thanks

:)

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
just been looking about and found this...
1k0868003b9b9adaptercha.jpg

anyone got any of these?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I need to check mine. I have a usb plug there but not too sure if I have the i-pod dock. Can you get a pic up of this?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I see, i defo DON'T have that lol. have the USB connector for I-Pod though so am all good to go when I get an one.

steroidchris

Feb 14, 2011
Brierley Hill
I've got one too. My iPhone 4 and my Missus iPhone 3GS work. You need an adapter to get it to charge cause the charging pins are in a different place for the iPhones. I've also got an extension lead, so that I've not got the phone under the seat.
It all works a treat.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
I tried mine with an extension lead i got for £2 and still ddnt work, the ipod nano had to be held in a certain way for it to work, duno if it was damaged but i gave up and changed the stereo lol

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
so...

the people who have them - have you got the "inserts" for various ipods?

and the people that havent - what is under your seat? (more a question for the FR drivers as im not sure if the other models have the same cubby hole )

tonashp

Aug 14, 2011
Aldershot
I have the USB socket under my driverseat, however I also have parrot handsfree which has ipod connector which sounds horrible and you lose the steering wheel controls. I therefore only use this for phonecalls and installed the Xcarlink i removed from my mk5 golf, and it works a treat, the cable comes out in the glovebox.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
I have the iPod dock under my seat on a 58 plate Cupra. My 160 gb iPod Classic fits perfectly without any adaptors and I've also used iPhones/touch's without any adaptors when my mates / passengers have wanted to play some of their music! The only annoying thing about the system is that you don't get any track info displayed on the stereo, oh well! :)

redreligion

May 21, 2009
Lincoln or Manchester
Al,

I've got the iPod dock too and a 4th/5th Generation Nano works just fine in it, but IMHO taking the time to burn your music to disc & then saving it to your RNS510 hard drive is far better overall. Like Bignod says above, when you're playing stuff from the iPod you can't see the track/artist name, and if you want to change the album you're listening to you have to take the iPod out & change it on the iPod itself, then put it back in under the seat... Pain in the arse!

Personal preference I know, but I haven't used my iPod dock now for over a year- sticking the RNS510 on shuffle is far more straightforward! :D

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
thanks for the replies guys :)

the track name thing is not good, ive just been looking to see if putting a vw 6 cd changer in there would be a better use of the space and wiring. the other option is to get the vw MDI (which will display the names but not sure on compatibility with the seat rns510)

think ill do a bit more research/thinking!

:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.