wotbox Q's

COBBERS

power to weight ratio ;)
May 8, 2011
yorkshire
has anybody got any experience?
any downsides?
what are your general thorts on them...they seem to be cheap and a good bit of kit

COBBERS

power to weight ratio ;)
May 8, 2011
yorkshire
is this due to the back firing and people abbusing them? or do they generaly damage things if used correctly?

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
is this due to the back firing and people abbusing them? or do they generaly damage things if used correctly?

Hi, have a search of the forum as a whole as this has been covered many times in verious diffrent sections.
However in respect to your question above, my Ibiza runs one, in short It does what it says on the tin so the speak and IMO the gains are good but even if run correctly ultimately it will cause more mechanical and/or thermal stress on verious components, normaly the load on the mechanical components is gradual as the car rebuilds boost after a gear change using using the wot box it's full boost-bang/pop-alsmost straight back on full boost, so the load transfer for the gear box etc is quite harsh. The second thing to take in to consideration is its the nearest thing to ALS and thats renowned for cooking things, its fairly obvious if your spitting flames on almost every WOT shift then things are going to be getting hot.
Running one of these is what I have determined to be the cause of my head having cracked exhaust valves and plugs with melted ceramics when I removed the head to fit a bigger turbo, I ran the car hard and used the wot quite alot (car is a track toy only), however the damage won't stop me using the box I will just select components like inconel valves etc during the rebuild that can handle the extra stress.
And I think that's the main thing to think about if you want one, it works well but will shorten the life of components and possibly directly result in there failure, so be prepared to fix things if the worst does occur.

Tasha.

COBBERS

power to weight ratio ;)
May 8, 2011
yorkshire
thanks tasha, iv already ordered one :), my car is a 'daily' but i wont be using the wot box functions on a daily basis :)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Done a few track days on mine, awesome on track as well. But that was on a k03s, i would never use it on my new setup tho as i think 2 bar of boost going through the box and shafts etc, would rip them to shreds. So when i get it working again as i might have to send it back, i will be taking it off and selling it.

IMO on a standard turbo setup it makes a quick car even quicker.

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
i never personallly used one but mates i know have and have blow a whole in the side of the block within a month of fitting one , would highly recommend rods before doing so and better valves

butch20vt

Done a few track days on mine, awesome on track as well. But that was on a k03s, i would never use it on my new setup tho as i think 2 bar of boost going through the box and shafts etc, would rip them to shreds. So when i get it working again as i might have to send it back, i will be taking it off and selling it.

IMO on a standard turbo setup it makes a quick car even quicker.

let me know if you can fix it phil and i will buy it of you
as gaz dont want to sell his :)

butch20vt

let me know if you can fix it phil and i will buy it of you
as gaz dont want to sell his

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise