Cupra R - cost v colour

cupraRboy

I don't dislike the yellow. preference is white, then blue or yellow. Don't want red as the rear lights blend in to the body (sorry red owners) and not black as my last 2 cars were black and want a change. Grey is ok, but to rare to consider. Think I need to view a yellow one in the tin.

RSgeoff

Facelift Citrus Cupra
Aug 22, 2011
Tyneside
You should buy the colour you want but play them off against each other.

I wasn't sure on the colour of mine as it doesn't seem to photograph anything like it actually is, so I put a deposit on it on the condition I could get the deposit back if I didn't like when I got there.

Everyone who saw the photo commented on not really liking the colour.

When I saw it I loved it (still do) and everyone who didn't like it in the photos loved it in the flesh !

Have you considered a facelift Cupra instead? - there's very little difference and they're a whole load cheaper than an R (shameless plug as mines now up for sale) :D

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
You should buy the colour you want but play them off against each other.

I wasn't sure on the colour of mine as it doesn't seem to photograph anything like it actually is, so I put a deposit on it on the condition I could get the deposit back if I didn't like when I got there.

Everyone who saw the photo commented on not really liking the colour.

When I saw it I loved it (still do) and everyone who didn't like it in the photos loved it in the flesh !

Have you considered a facelift Cupra instead? - there's very little difference and they're a whole load cheaper than an R (shameless plug as mines now up for sale) :D

What you selling up for mate?

indyr

May 2, 2011
Colour is a very personal thing, I was torn between the Track grey and Furia grey and picked Track grey in the end to contrast nicely with the gloss black details.

My advice, go for the colour you want even if there is slight (not significant) variation in price. Failing that you'll always be saying, should/would/could of...

cupraRboy

Have decided to hold out for white. Seen the one I'm after, just have to get the price down and hope my Jag get the trade in I need when I come to buying it, otherwise I'll have to wait a bit longer. Going to do the roof vinyl myself (not done one before but can't be that hard) and will find somewhere local to powder coat the wheels.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Please be aware aswell Yellow 10 plated ones with number plates that start with "K" ie KP10,KR10 etc etc are likely to be SEAT UK Demo cars, ie people like me gave them some stick at Media Day :rofl:

cupraRboy

Yeah, I've been warned about track and press cars. I've seen one up for £16500 on a 60 plate. The white one I like is an ex-demo.

Gareth 265 R

Aug 4, 2011
Harrogate
Please be aware aswell Yellow 10 plated ones with number plates that start with "K" ie KP10,KR10 etc etc are likely to be SEAT UK Demo cars, ie people like me gave them some stick at Media Day :rofl:

Let's be honest, the only thing you can be confident in when buying a second hand hot hatch, is that it has been well and truly thrashed for the majority of its miles. The people who buy the cars buy them for performance and will undoubtedly have a heavy right foot, otherwise they would get a slower more economical car and save a boat load of cash. The press cars may have had a hard time as they were track used, but surely they will be built to take that. They will also have been better looked after than most privately owned cars, as lets face it seat wouldn't want one breaking down on a review! The person that buys my car in a few years can do so in the knowledge that I ran it in for 1400 ish miles, then used it to fully enjoy my morning and evening commute.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Let's be honest, the only thing you can be confident in when buying a second hand hot hatch, is that it has been well and truly thrashed for the majority of its miles. The people who buy the cars buy them for performance and will undoubtedly have a heavy right foot, otherwise they would get a slower more economical car and save a boat load of cash. The press cars may have had a hard time as they were track used, but surely they will be built to take that. They will also have been better looked after than most privately owned cars, as lets face it seat wouldn't want one breaking down on a review! The person that buys my car in a few years can do so in the knowledge that I ran it in for 1400 ish miles, then used it to fully enjoy my morning and evening commute.

Oh yeh they are well looked after thats for sure ie serviced etc, but just knowing (evidence allover magazines etc) that they have been tested to the full would always be in the back of my mind.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK

Cheers Andrew, I thought as much as the Yellow one I have been looking at is only 1 letter different from Autoexpress's test car and Evo's Long Termer.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Chances are it was on the fleet at the Cupra R Media day at Rockingham and probably still on the fleet at the Alhambra Media Day

RSgeoff

Facelift Citrus Cupra
Aug 22, 2011
Tyneside
What you selling up for mate?

I bought it to replace 2 cars, but I have a company car and hence most of the time it's used by my wife to & from work in the town which is a bit of an overkill !

I've no problem at all keeping it (I love it) but if it sells I will just get her something cheaper and have some nice hols in 2012 with the remainder :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.