narrow back end ?

hairypothead

Nov 28, 2011
chezy derbyshire
i get what seat's done here its somthing like golf front polo rear but i had my sidways in the first day of owning my ibiza iv got new tyres now like but i still dont like throwing it into bends after finding out this fact

and just wanted to no what size wheel spacers do i need to make rear end the same width as the front

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
We managed about 10 years before anyone put spacers on the back of these.

Might be 'new' tyres, wrong pressure (if wrong tyres), or diesel on the surface.

hairypothead

Nov 28, 2011
chezy derbyshire
30mph round the drift round about (some mates run rwd) just tryin to sneak past a lorrey before gettin on the bypass in the wet the back steped out i was like =0 then i pulled it back =D and had to go round for a second atempt

and the tyres were ready for a change when i got the car but iv got my old wheels on now with good tyres on

thanks for that ant way didnt think it was that much well it looks like i need new spacers as iv got a pair of 10mm's somewhere

eurorob

Feb 4, 2010
sounds like it may be a little down to the weather conditions a bit, wet around a roundabout and trying to nip infront of a lorry, cant expect a fwd car to grip doing things like that, not having ago just sheading light, no amount of suspension mods, wheel spacers or arb's are going to stop the car sliding around a roundabout in the wet, if anything they may make it worse in wet/damp conditions

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
I think eurorob meant, normally FWD are well known for being thrown into corners and no oversteer, but as he said, wet + roundabout + overtaking (so sounds like he was going quick) = sliding.

There is a few roundabouts in Cov, you can get FWD sideways so easily due to diesel on the road (as its close to a lorry waiting pit) its flipping greasy as hell!!!

eurorob

Feb 4, 2010
didnt mean for a rwd to be any better, but clearly if they call it 'the drift round about'then there must be some level of excessive driving going on

hairypothead

Nov 28, 2011
chezy derbyshire
well me tyres were on limit think that might of had most to do with it but yeah were runin a bit low its set up as the car came

slides less now iv got more tred

camber is out on frunt pasenger (gona be sorted soon)as they can be done its got enlongated bolt holes acording to the trye place just needs booking in

i've got 20mm spacers but im always sideways :D

have u had to have ur arches rolled or owt are you any lower if so how high i the top of ur arch if its not to much hasel dont no how low i am as the ride hight was set by previous owner (noob)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Well there is your problem, camber and I assume toe is out, so will handle crap.

And lack or rear tread too.

You might need the lip rolled a bit if too low, or just raise the rear a bit, and you won't scrub ;)

hairypothead

Nov 28, 2011
chezy derbyshire
well im planin on bring in the back up a bit but i need to get some c-spaners off ebay i might have to get it proper high untill i sort the slight bit of rust iv got before rolling then paint

eurorob

Feb 4, 2010
unless your running 9"wide wheels on the rear or the wrong offset then yo shouldnt need arch mods, im running 17x7.5 and theres still plenty of room left, just make sure if you have aftermarket wheels that there the right offset as just having the right stud pattern isnt good enough, there can be serious clearance issues