handling?

eurorob

Feb 4, 2010
thanx for that, ive been doing track days for around 7years now, only around 5-6 a year mind, me and my friend went halfs on an old mk2 astra gte with a cage,polly bushes ect ect, it was perfect but we had to sell after having it for 3yrs due to work issues, i then used my old satria gti and started doing bits to it but i had a bad accident in it 2yrs ago,totaled the car and landed me in hospital for a while, i was left permanently faceialy scared and i also thought i was scared in terms of being a bit worried about going out on a track and doing some fast driveing again. my two brothers soon sorted this by booking me on at donnington park last christmas in my bros evo6, i soon got over my fears and have done 4 track days this year in my wifes panda 100hp, great little car and handles like a go kart, the cordoba was my wifes old car and with me not having one from my accident i started doing bits to it and this is the stage im at today, i truely apreciate people taking the time to post interesting and knowlegable posts, so much better than some forums where all you get is people telling you to put some triple 8s on and slam it to the deck and itl handle mint mate! hate that kind of talk. thanks once again guys and merry christmas to everyone

eurorob

Feb 4, 2010
have bought some 10mm spacers for the rear, going to add some camber to the front and have also had a word with a guy i know and going to take it to him for him to have it set up then take it from there, do a track day then see what i feel it needs there after. looking for some 16's however the guy im taking it to seems to think ill be ok running the 17x7.5's once its all set up then just possibly uprate my suspension to something better and possibly add arb's. he also agreed with you guys in saying not to add strutbraces so going to stay away from them but he did say that adding a little camber would help so long as i dont go too mad as it will end up being undriveable on the road which i realy dont want thanks for all your help and input guys

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
I ran 16x8J ET32.3 rears, fine, and 16x7J ET35 front D90 Porsche wheels

269855_10150740133095217_657315216_19786178_3062529_n.jpg

I was close to the front and rear strut (coilover), and could of spaced front out another 10-15mm, and rear 5-10mm.

Fisher

I am getting my old Ibiza back...

It is fitted with Boge Turbo Shocks and Springs and 16" Turbo Wheels with fairly ok 195/45/16 rubber.

I will be putting 10mm spacers on the back.

After driving a 'modern' car the Ibiza felt to me as if it would benefit from some more castor on the front to make it more stable in corners and to 'self-centre' the steering more.

Do I need to look at adjustable top-mounts or is there another way of achieving this? Is there any benefit or will I just get back used to it after a while?

Also where do guys buy the Eibach front and rear ARB kit as recommended on here? Please PM me if you know a good place..

Thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.