GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

P13ULC

Nov 29, 2010
Preston
Turned my staging on, always loved this in the S3 when I used to work at a Revo dealer.

Tried the alarm on locking/in locking but could connect to controller, maybe my model doesn't have it, 59 plate Cupra.

PompeyPete

Like a Golf, But more fun
Sep 20, 2010
Southampton
picasaweb.google.com
Vag Com 10.6...!!

Hi all, Just to let you know that i have just recieved my VAG COM 10.6 Disk and cable.......:clap: Happy to lend a hand to anyone who needs it, although i feel i may need a hand using it myself...!!!:doh:

PompeyPete

Like a Golf, But more fun
Sep 20, 2010
Southampton
picasaweb.google.com
Vag Com 10.6...!!...help..!!!

Hi Guys, I have recently purchased the above cable and software from DH Gate....Plugged it in tonight for the first time....and i can't understand what i'm doing wrong. I can see all of the usual stuff like centr elec/conv e.t.c but cant work out how to change anything such as enabling "Chirp" or follow me home lights e.t.c Has anyone used 10.6 and if so, can they tell me what i need to do please.:think:

Crack-D

Jan 18, 2011
Hi guys, im a newbie on this forum... tell me pls, can i make by VAG-Com my daylights and hid's work together? car is leon facelift...thanks!

benterz222

Which cable do you need for the MK II Leon?

Is it:

USB OBD2 OBD-II VAG KKL Cable for 409.1

??

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Hi Guys, I have recently purchased the above cable and software from DH Gate....Plugged it in tonight for the first time....and i can't understand what i'm doing wrong. I can see all of the usual stuff like centr elec/conv e.t.c but cant work out how to change anything such as enabling "Chirp" or follow me home lights e.t.c Has anyone used 10.6 and if so, can they tell me what i need to do please.:think:

IMy lead arrived today and I changed my chirp and seatbelt warning tonight.
The chirp on mine was different to the first post on here said but I managed.
For the chirp mine was module 46 and was byte 10 and 11 then close that window and hit do it and wait until it says code accepted.

You may have already worked this out:)

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
vagcom

Hi does anyone know if its possible to switch the bulb out monitoring system off via vagcom so I can run LED bulbs in all the lights. Or is this not possible?
Cheers all

Last edited:

Leon MK4

Jul 15, 2011
Milton Keynes
I believe it is indeed possible - someone correct me if im wrong, but i think its the cold bulb warnings that need to be deactivated

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
Cheers will give that a go next time I hook up the vagcom

Also managed to fit SMD leds to the indicators and they work with the canbus

Tried a "cheap" LED brake light - it works but not really bright enough.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Whats the best price for these cables today and where should I buy it from? Or is there anyone in the Birmingham area that could help me out as I got the airbag/belt tensioner come on from nowhere :S

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
leds

Try this link mate - should tell you how to get to each setting that needs disabling. Cold Bulb Diagnosis (Starts at Byte 18-Bit 0 through to Byte 19-Bit 3)

http://en.openobd.org/vw/golf_1k.htm

I havent done any of this so am only going from what I've read - Let me know how you get on as I'd like to have this doen too :)

Right turned off the cold monitoring for the number plate lights fitted an LED and worked fine!

Then changed the second one and they both went out and bulb failure came on :(

Tried it with the reversing light as well cold diag on and off no difference to the bub outage light - so Im stumped.

But have got all indicators changed to LED with no problems (and no canbus friendly bulbs) and 36 LED bulbs in brake light which work but are a little dim looking for brighter ones now.

Top Dog

Aug 12, 2011
Wolverhampton
Anyone from near Wolverhampton or Birmingham willing to enable some of these feature's through Vag.com?

Or will i have to buy one...

[B)]

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Im in the b64 area of birmingham and have vcds 10.6.4 if that helps and wouldnt mind in helping you out with that but you would have to know how to do it as i have limited use with it lol.

Send me a PM and will try to arrange something :)

Gamo

or get someone local to help you out for some beers?

hi Dan
fancy earning some beers?? i wanna turn off the cornering fog light thing as its kinda gay and it gives me error on my dash coz iv put in xenon's i live in south west london so im local.

George [B)]

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
Beep when locking/unlocking car (My favourite feature)
This adds a beep when locking the car, and two beeps when unlocknig the car.
Below; horn refers to the beep, and blink refers to the indicators blinking

Module 46 - Central Conv.
Coding
Byte 6
bit 0 unlocking confirmation (blink) via door locks
bit 1 - unlocking confirmation (horn) via door locks - (makes 2 beeps)
bit 2 - unlocking confirmation (blink)via remote control
bit 3- unlocking confirmation (horn) via remote control - (makes two beeps)

Byte 7
bit 0 locking confirmation (blink) via door locks
bit 1 - locking confirmation (horn) via door locks - (makes 1 beep)
bit 2 - locking confirmation (blink)via remote control
bit 3- locking confirmation (horn) via remote control - (makes 1 beep)

Just a quick note to say i found these to be in bytes 10 and 11

(08 FR TFSI)

so just have a hunt about to find what your looking for :)

Great guide though :D

Craig01988

Aug 27, 2010
Hi,

Is it possible to enable the "Leaving Home Lights" feature if you don't have automatic lights?

I have a 60 plate Leon 2.0 TDi

adrianwood

Hi,

Is it possible to enable the "Leaving Home Lights" feature if you don't have automatic lights?

I have a 60 plate Leon 2.0 TDi

I've tried this and I don't think it's possible, you can only get the coming home lights working unless you have auto lights

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
afaik, yes, you need to turn it on and set the time its on for a value bigger than 0 seconds. lots of people found that when they turn it on it still doesnt work for this reason.

i have no light sensor and it works pre FL though but see no reason why it shouldnt.

you need to leave your headlight switch in the dipped beam setting

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.