What bhp do you think ill get with a remap

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
I dont mean to be rude pazz but stop posting crap on here.
the mk3 ibiza is well over 10 years old now, people have modded these things to death (like bager5).

PLEASE stop posting stupid rubbish on the forum asking silly questions and start using the search function.
There is SO MUCH information held within these forums you could probably build a mk3 for spare parts without a manual.

the mods for each stage has been clearly laid out in many of the above posts by members and there is reams of info on the forum showing what you need to do to get xxx power out of the car.

if your really 21 then start using your brain a little.

yea im with you so much

most of your coments just lately i so agree with we must think alike

you just get fed of of reading it dont you

tiny-tinkerbell

Aka Alana
Jan 28, 2011
south Yorkshire
i just think its alittle harsh tbh.. you been on here alot longer than most people an yes you are gonna have seen most of the threads over an over but dont read them then other people have helped out even though it might be the 50millionth time they have wrote it, just no need to be so RUDE an HARSH to new members this is suppost to be a FRIENDLYforum for people to be able to ask for help.. you dont wanna help then dont fair enough.. this is the exact reason i dont like askin for help an im sure other people are the same ..

Last edited:

COBBERS

power to weight ratio ;)
May 8, 2011
yorkshire
we all started somwere, its a forum which is ment to provide help and advice, its not just for experienced tuners to chat about complex modds...i do get what your saying about people should try and search before they ask, but i found (when i started as a newbie) that it can take the piss searching for a certain thing, and it was much easier to ask a specific question
iv seen too many times on this forum people asking a question and getting a reply of 'do a search'...whats the point of even being a member if everyone is not willing to help others who are trying to learn

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
We a started on this forum,we all found our feet.
what i cant stand is 'txt spk' and people who dont bother to search for similar questions.

I have helped out on these forums and continue to help the mk3 lot with audio installs (the guide that i did) and i have even installed a few systems for people for free. i dont expect any money from people, i want to help other :)

I did not want to be rude but this guy is asking the stupidest questions about something he probably wont do. hes apparently 21 so should have his head screwed on a bit more than his posts let on.
if you dont beleive me... read all his other posts!

Im trying to help the mods by saying to the op that his questions are already answered and all he has to do is search instead of makeing yet another thread about 'wot bhp wil i get frm a stg 1map, nd will this electric turbo off ebay work?'

tiny-tinkerbell

Aka Alana
Jan 28, 2011
south Yorkshire
Not everyone is clued up on cars and how to work things on this forum.. just think in future you should word your replies alittle better because if you had replied like that to me it would have mega pissed me off..
Almost every post on here has been covered on numerous occasions but like cobbers says using the search sometimes doesn't answer a specific question...just think you need to cut some people abit of slack

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
funnily enough there is a introduction area AND a forum rules a FAQ section dedicated to show newbies what is / isnt tollerated.
I honestly dont see how my post could have upset anyone.. maybe get out a bit more?
And before you go saying i need the cut this guy slack, i answered a few of his question earlier in the thread, and i was being helpful there...

I stopped being helpful when silly questions like:
'does any one have a full bay of silicon'
asking random people if they have spare parts
Asking how to contact one of our traders / members (bager5)

i earlier informed him what a fpr is and that most people uprate their fuel pump to an LCR unit, then he laughs and goes on about a walbro pump...

cobbers & tinker, dont try and give me a hard time, it wont work.
i havent see either of you provide information to the OP... you have just jumped on the bandwagon and tried to say im giving poor advice to the newbie.

Also if he was not clued up on cars surley you would sit down and do some digging for information first before posting? thats like saying you just purchased your car because you like the pretty yellow of the paint and have no knowledge of the car.

Last edited:

tiny-tinkerbell

Aka Alana
Jan 28, 2011
south Yorkshire
Yea there is that section maybe you should take a look at it as ABUSE should not be tolerated...
Lmao I should get out yea alright mate..didn't realize that I had to thought this was a forum to show your car an admire others hmmm I must be wrong...??
An no one actually said you were giving people bad advise just that your reply was abit harsh an because of sarcastic comments coming from people like you makes new members afraid to ask for help...
You think this is giving you a hard time maybe you should get out more

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Im with Adam R here, theres loads of info on here which you can find yourself without hitting the "new topic" button.

Newbies are sometimes to quick to start a new topic. And believe me, ive seen enough N249 threads to know the info is here to be found.

I personally think threads like this are a total waste of time. What bhp will this get, what power is this? Who the **** knows? Unless its running ok you might not even make standard power. But who knows?

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
I get out enough thanks :).

If people want genuine help then i will offer them all the advice i can, and if they are local i will offer personal hands on help, just like i have demonstrated in the past.

Im not giving Abuse, im simply stating that this topic has been covered many times before and there is a vast amount of information, more than many of us can cover on this forum, and all it takes to find it is a simple search.

im not going to get in to a bitching match so this is the last one for me in this thread.

Thanks Phil, its nice to know im not the only one.

lets hope this thread turns in to a .... why isnt my dump valve making a whooshy sound?

Last edited:

tiny-tinkerbell

Aka Alana
Jan 28, 2011
south Yorkshire
Im with Adam R here, theres loads of info on here which you can find yourself without hitting the "new topic" button.

Newbies are sometimes to quick to start a new topic. And believe me, ive seen enough N249 threads to know the info is here to be found.

I personally think threads like this are a total waste of time. What bhp will this get, what power is this? Who the **** knows? Unless its running ok you might not even make standard power. But who knows?

I understand all this about search before you post... its how he replied was just uncalled for IMO..

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs

I get out enough thanks :).

If people want genuine help then i will offer them all the advice i can, and if they are local i will offer personal hands on help, just like i have demonstrated in the past.

Im not giving Abuse, im simply stating that this topic has been covered many times before and there is a vast amount of information, more than many of us can cover on this forum, and all it takes to find it is a simple search.

im not going to get in to a bitching match so this is the last one for me in this thread.

Thanks Phil, its nice to know im not the only one.

lets hope this thread turns in to a .... why isnt my dump valve making a whooshy sound?

it just gets so tyreing ive even stoped comeing on here as much now because it like

here we go again

read it

seen it

ow look another post about xxxxx ,when theres like loads about the very same thing

and silly post thing like ...what the fastst you had out of your car max bhp bla bla bla

YAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN

pazz1991

Aug 1, 2011
Ok guys im not trying to start a war or anything like that i was just wondering on what people have had with what modifications , your right im not clued up on everything about cars because i am a plumber not a mechanic , and yes i have done searchs before i posted but nothing i could find of any help , and yes i didnt ask questions before because of this sort of problem on other forums people that know everything about a car giving noobs a hard time , and yes i may of asked who has spares but im thinking for everyone with a mk3 that could possibly get a coolant set of silicon for alot more affordable with a little bit of help , whats the harm there , ok i said about a walbro because i dont know lcr unit is , and its not in the name to explain its a fueling pump or unit ?? ,i have alot of time for helping people out as i do own a spring company along side my brother and we made custom springs for any car any shape and forums love us , but whats the point in helping anyone if thats all you i get , Abuse ! thanks for the people who understand that i am not a dictionary of the seat ibiza mk3

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
we are not expecting you to know the mk3 inside out.

why on earth do you want to replace the coolant lines anyway? i can understand replacing all the intercooler pipes as they serve a decent purpose and the standard ones are rubbish.

There are loads of threads on here about silicon boost pipes, they have all been tried and tested, the ebay intercooler kit for the mk3 has proven very popular for people up to ko3s power.

the leon cupra r (lcr) fuel pump can be used in the ibiza as it can shift more fuel, then using a higher pressure fpr means people running higher boost csn feed in enough fuel. also when they get to this stage, normally bigger mafs are used too for airflow.
We arnt out to get 'noobs'. do your reasearch and ask more sensible questions and you will get a much better responce than what you have seen here.

Also punctuation would help lots.. took me ages to read your post as there are no full stops!

pazz1991

Aug 1, 2011
ok i understand now yes , and im a bit of a clean freak , i just want to tidy up my engine bay with a bit of silicon and as you said the cars are now 10 years old and rubber isnt the strongest of materials , i would like to change it for silicon to be on the safe side of bursting a pipe or the chances of when im at santa pod or a track day.

sorry to but in
just want to add
one thing i found very hard when i first started on forums like this is the use of abriviations (sorry for spelling no spel check on here) like lcr, tip so on, its a rule not to use txt talk i understand but why isnt it a rule that you cannot use these abriviations as for a noobie like my self doing a search and seeing, " i changed my TIP to a forge one and it sound nicer pulls better so on makes no sence, then you get a noobie like me asking whats a TIP is

hope i dont get anyones back up but maybe someone could wright a post lisiting all the abriviations or somthing for noobies like my self

NAB

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
ok i understand now yes , and im a bit of a clean freak , i just want to tidy up my engine bay with a bit of silicon and as you said the cars are now 10 years old and rubber isnt the strongest of materials , i would like to change it for silicon to be on the safe side of bursting a pipe or the chances of when im at santa pod or a track day.

I doubt any of your coolant pipes would have perished. UV perishes rubber and the pipes are under a bonnet.

if your wanting to do santa pod / track days you want to be looking for:
boost gauge
oil temp guage
uprated boost pipes with a front mount intercooler (FMIC)
a decent map
and maybe a vr6 clutch and flywheel.. not necassary but the ibiza has a dual mass which is rather costly to replace. and the vr6 option has been used for a while as its a single mass.

pazz1991

Aug 1, 2011
I have just ordered the cupra r gauge holder from seat , and will be ordering my boost gauge and oil temp gauge when that comes so i know for sizes

I have a forge fmic with all silicon pipeing etc

I just want to get a set made up so its tider and for reasuracne :)

What would you say is a decent map , as it has a jappa sport one allready stag1 1

pazz1991

Aug 1, 2011
Ok and i have been advised that some mapping companys lock the ecu after they have done the map , would jabba do somthing like this ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.