What bhp do you think ill get with a remap

pazz1991

Aug 1, 2011
Adam r you said about a lcr fuel pump , where am i likely to get one of these , would i be better off getting a new one from euro car parts , or a second hand one , aslo where would i get a bigger maf as i looked on ebay and they are just standard ones ?

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Jabba certainly do lock the ECU with their map. I know because I have had a few people wanting re-maps and I have been unable to map their cars due to this.

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
pazz, whats your aim with the car ?

I would say you dont need a new fuel pump, regulator or bigger maf until your above 300bhp.

People make the mistake of thinking a big turbo / hybrid will be cheap, anything up to 250 isnt expensive and can be done with a ko3s and a map.
above this.. as i said before you need to be thinking about internals and other components.

if your looking for serious power its well worth talking to Bill (Badger 5) and asking about his hybrid turbo and whats needed to run it.
hes a very good with the mk3 and his track car was / is running 650bhp.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
sorry to but in
just want to add
one thing i found very hard when i first started on forums like this is the use of abriviations (sorry for spelling no spel check on here) like lcr, tip so on, its a rule not to use txt talk i understand but why isnt it a rule that you cannot use these abriviations as for a noobie like my self doing a search and seeing, " i changed my TIP to a forge one and it sound nicer pulls better so on makes no sence, then you get a noobie like me asking whats a TIP is

hope i dont get anyones back up but maybe someone could wright a post lisiting all the abriviations or somthing for noobies like my self

NAB

WHAT!!! HOW DARE YOU COMPLAIN ABO......... just kidding :rofl:
Seriously though... if youd have put the word glossary into the search bar youd have found this
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206199&highlight=glossary

Hope that helps ;)

To everyone else.
Searching takes a bit of patience but the answers are there. If your posting up very basic threads and people with a bit of experience ignore them your not getting the best advice. But reading 10 threads on tyre choice or dvs in the archive makes you an expert and you get much more than just an answer. Youll end up confident and have a much better understanding of your cars.

Im off to the leon forum now where I belong :D[B)]

pazz1991

Aug 1, 2011
Ok thanks for that

My intentions with the car is to be reliable but a quick car and to get into the 13 seonds up santa pod , at the moment i am running a 14.5

I know hybrid isnt cheap and theres alot of money when you want more power and theres no cheap way around it , i would like to know just what people have spent there money on and seen from it

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Ok thanks for that

My intentions with the car is to be reliable but a quick car and to get into the 13 seonds up santa pod , at the moment i am running a 14.5

I know hybrid isnt cheap and theres alot of money when you want more power and theres no cheap way around it , i would like to know just what people have spent there money on and seen from it

honestly the best way to improve your times is to gut the car. leave one seat in and strip the rest out... you will be amazed how much the interior weighs.
also invest in some sticky rubber and maybe a short shift kit.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
isnt the mk1 leon forum where all the cr@p is posted :handbags::rofl:

It may look that way at first but willy waving and finding whos dads bigger than their dads is quite important when owning a Leon. That and making daft claims about spanking Veyrons :rolleyes:

Of course my post of almost beating lightspeed from a set of local traffic lights was completely true :p

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
It may look that way at first but willy waving and finding whos dads bigger than their dads is quite important when owning a Leon. That and making daft claims about spanking Veyrons :rolleyes:

Of course my post of almost beating lightspeed from a set of local traffic lights was completely true :p

:cartman::cartman:

hehe, well now your IHI i would hope your as fast as light speed ;)

Are you ever down near portsmouth ? would love to meet up and see what an IHI is like

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Not usually but I might well be later in the year. Ill give you a shout if im passing through, its nice to show her off occasionly.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.