can you blow a headunit without blowing fuse ?

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK
fitted a headunit was all working fine shoved the wires in ( ibiza mk4 ) what a nightmare

went to turn it back on and nothing

when i plug standard headunit it its fine - checked fuse on stereo thats fine

im thinking it may be a dodgey ISO lead unless you can blow the stereo without blowing a fuse ?

Cheers

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
only way you could is if the unit shorted inside due to something breaking off and bridging 2 parts or giving it something like 5v or 24v when its only 10-16v but the ibiza only has 12v

DSP

Aug 25, 2010
Hull
I had the same problem last night, Brand New Pioneer 7300BT and installed okay powered on fine, turned the car off and when i went to turn it back on no head unit came on, totaly dead. :(

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK
I had the same problem last night, Brand New Pioneer 7300BT and installed okay powered on fine, turned the car off and when i went to turn it back on no head unit came on, totaly dead. :(

mine turned out to be dodgy wires on the ISO lead bought a new one was spot on , have you checked the fuse on back of headunit ?

also check see if your standard headunit works if it powers that if not check fuse on car / battery

DSP

Aug 25, 2010
Hull
Tried the fuse in the back, still did not turn on guna, try it in my mates car see if it powers on in his and the OEM one works fine ill keep u posted on how it goes, the strange thing was it worked to start with :(

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK
Tried the fuse in the back, still did not turn on guna, try it in my mates car see if it powers on in his and the OEM one works fine ill keep u posted on how it goes, the strange thing was it worked to start with :(

check the connections on the iso mate.

DSP

Aug 25, 2010
Hull
My head unit powers on fine in my mates car so cant be that, i will have to buy another iso lead today and hope it works.

Fixed mine now, Turns out it was a little 5 amp fuse in slot 10, cheers for ya input tho!