Recommended After-Market Hands-Free Bluetooth Kit

jingo_man

I have the Mk2 that I got originally on lease in 2007. At the time, I didnt opt for bluetooth, though I do seem to recall it was an option, but I got the iPod connector. However, in years since I now would like my iPhone 4 to connect via Bluetooth.

I contacted a car audio place who said that because I dont have some instrument panel between the 2 dashboard dials or a large fancy screen radio/head-unit, that I cant have the OEM bluetooth retro-fitted to work with the radio.

They recommended the Parrot MKi9100 or 9200 units instead.

Having looked through the specs, although it is capable of streaming audio via A2DP profile and can make/receive calls, it is all controlled via a remote unit. I would prefer to be able to use voice, possibly even the iPhone's built-in voice control (note, not Siri on this specific model, unfortunately)

Can anyone recommend particular units? What do other people have in theirs? These have to be UK-compliant, and I would like to retain as much standard use of the builtin radio unit as possible.

Ideally, I would want to keep this under £200, though nearer £100 would be more swallowable...

Many thanks

Dan

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Got a Bury hands free bluetooth kit in the van it's pretty good, voice activated dialling that actually works, have been told that callers can hear me clearly even at 70 on M way. (well 69.9 mph actually ;) )

jingo_man

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I have heard more of the Parrot products historically, and this was also where my search started.

The Bury's seem ok too, but concerned in a couple of youtube video's of it in use that the audio volume is:
a. through its own output speaker, not the car's built-in stereo setup
b. not loud or clear enough, maybe as a result of a.

Is it possible to cable up the Bury to go through the car's stereo? I think I have read that the Parrot is capable of doing this and will do some more research into too.

Along these lines, are all these capable of hooking into the built-in Seat Leon MkII (2007) model's stereo? And is this ISO based, or custom cabling modules.

Cheers again for the pointers. It all helps...

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
I have a Parrot MKi9100 fitted to the Kuga.

Works perfectly with my iPhone 4S, small discreet screen and wireless controller. Voice dialling works fine and it handles & plays music very well from the phone either connected through the supplied cable or by Bluetooth. I have an 8GB USB stick plugged in that I use for music. All wired into the standard fit radio so plays everything through the speakers and mutes the radio etc.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I have heard more of the Parrot products historically, and this was also where my search started.

The Bury's seem ok too, but concerned in a couple of youtube video's of it in use that the audio volume is:
a. through its own output speaker, not the car's built-in stereo setup
b. not loud or clear enough, maybe as a result of a.

Is it possible to cable up the Bury to go through the car's stereo? I think I have read that the Parrot is capable of doing this and will do some more research into too.

Along these lines, are all these capable of hooking into the built-in Seat Leon MkII (2007) model's stereo? And is this ISO based, or custom cabling modules.

Cheers again for the pointers. It all helps...
check out the Bury web site. the one in the van operates through it's own speaker, the quality and volume are good enough to hold a decent conversation at motorway speeds , and I would assume that your car would be somewhat quieter at speed! ithe unit i have is also capable of operating through the stereo speakers.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.