Leon main beam on warning buzzer not working??

Motty

Hi there,

I have a problem with the warning buzzer for main beam on, in that the warning buzzer doesnt work when I open the door.

It's strange because it works if just the side lights are switched on.

Anyone got any idea?

Thanks.

Paul197

MK2 Cupra
Oct 27, 2010
Mildenhall, Suffolk
it doesnt chime if mains are on as you can use them for comming home lights they will stay on for 30 secs or whatever its set to then all turn off after that

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Sp if you leave your main beams on and lock the car they will automatically turn off after a while? I never knew this, will try it now tonight hahahahaha.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
mine turn off after about 1.5 minute.

the ammount of people that yell " you left your lights on " and i just have to explain that they should watch some magic.
and then they turn off. i win!

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
I have to flash my main beam to activate them on mine (once the Coming Home/Leaving Home option has been enabled in the MFD). :)

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
i dont have vagcom, or the larger mfd... so i guess it was like it from standard.
but i do have a bosch KTS diagnostic computer which works well, im sure i could use that - im happy to try and if anyone locally wants it done ill do it B-)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Tried it out today and it works!!!! No warning buzzer but the headlight turns off after roughly a minute. I think it's a cool feature! LOL.

cupra123

Mar 20, 2011
is there any setting for if you unlock the car the headlights come on? wouldnt mind that when i cant find it in a car park :L

product

Nov 6, 2007
is there any setting for if you unlock the car the headlights come on? wouldnt mind that when i cant find it in a car park :L
This does exist (called "Leaving Home" cleverly!), but you only have it in combination with the auto headlights.

It needs the sensor to know if its dark enough to bother, but if it is then yes, the lights come on when you unlock the car, and will time out again after a period you set with the MFD.

volts

Sep 1, 2011
Looks that way as the sensor decides whether to switch them on or not dependant on light levels.