My K04 hybrid powered MK2 Cupra Sport track slag (it's now left the building)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Now for sale/breaking

Well i didn't think i'd ever be posting this but unfortunatly the time has come where i think it's time to move the ibiza on.

I've decided i can't warrant having it sat in the garage doing nothing anymore so would rather try and pull a bit of money back.

My plan is to strip all the uprated parts and fit them to my daily driver so i have 1 car that does everything then if there is interest rebuild the mk2 with the standard 20vt bits and sell on.

If there's no interest in the car as a going concern i will break it for spares.

The for sale thread is now live so i'd ask anyone who could be seriously interested in the car to contact me via the details there.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=341019

I will get round to updating and amending this thread when i start work on the mk3 as i will still be modding that but will be keeping it slightly more usuable with a full interior and the mod cons the track car is missing.

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
Wow never thought you would do this, good luck moving the bits you need to and look forward to seeing how the daily turns out.

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Wow never thought you would do this, good luck moving the bits you need to and look forward to seeing how the daily turns out.

Neither did i mate but i just can't stand to have it sat in the garage doing nothing now

Do you have an interior to put back into the Mk2? To make it a 'sensible' car? :think:

Unfortunatly not, the only interior i have is the one in the mk3

Will you use the daily as track car as well?

That's the plan mate, may aswell just have the one car for everything instead of all that money tied up in two of them

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Sad times! The big modded mk2's are slowly dieing :(

F2 Stu sold up
Martin breaked his
And now you!!!

Doesn't that just leave me and Ben (black 20vT)?

Will be sad to see this go fella! But I know the feeling my Ibiza just sits there, my new year resolution is to use it more. More trackdays and at least on a nice day once a month if the weather is alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
This is a bit of a shock mate, shame to hear.

Cracking motor, hope it goes in one.

I'd always said i'd never sell it but times change i guess, i've got a feeling it'll end up being broken as i'll make more back that way.

Sad times! The big modded mk2's are slowly dieing :(

F2 Stu sold up
Martin breaked his
And now you!!!

Doesn't that just leave me and Ben (black 20vT)?

Will be sad to see this go fella! But I know the feeling my Ibiza just sits there, my new year resolution is to use it more. More trackdays and at least on a nice day once a month if the weather is alright.

Think it leaves you, Ben and RobT with the highly modded ones also Jasons cordy.

If it was used more i'd keep it but i don't do as many track days now so don't see the need for a track only car, it should still be a blast in daily driver form even if it is back in a mk3!!

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
no it does'nt

daily as track car will leave you stranded @ some point cos it will be broken.

That is probably true Bill, i do have access to cars through work if i need them thankfully so that side doesn't concern me to much.

On the plus side if i can finally source an exhaust mani it will come back for some more tweeking and a run on the rollers :)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
All change yet again!!

Well after convincing myself breaking the ibiza was the right thing to do i've now had a change of heart!!

I was all set to start pulling it to pieces yesterday but after driving it again and thinking about all the time and effort i've put into over the last 7 years i couldn't bring myself to do it.

So instead of breaking up all that hard work yesterday saw yet another suspension change!! I'd already purchased a set of variant 3's for the mk3 so decided to do a bit of swapping about and now have the track car sat on the variant 3's and the daily on the variant 1's.

My next plan is to just try and use it a bit more and find the love for it again as that was part of the reason for wanting to get rid of it, it also means it will get another outing at lydden this year with yet another new setup :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.