running costs on a Cupra

jonny1978

Dec 11, 2011
West lothian
They insurance quotes seem a bit on the high side I'd shop around guys.
I'm 33 with full no claims and 3 points (sp30) and I'm only paying £320
With esure and that with courtesy car,protected no claims and windscreen cover.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Hope they haven't sold the same one twice :D

Checked out insurance today.....dam its expensive! I'm 34 with full no claims discount, clean licence,only had 1 minor claim 2 years ago and More than quoted me £694!!

im 27 and my renewal at Aviva just cost me £515

admittedly i dont use it for work as i walk and i do less than 3k miles a year. :)

lee

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
I used to have leon tdi so i though moving to the cupra would hurt my pocket but to honest its not that bad. i have a 20 mile trip to work, 10 miles of motorway and 10 miles of counrty roads. on the way to work doing 60mph i always get a min of 35mpg. coming home when i'm not hanging around i never get less than 30mpg. I run it on v power which is the same price as diesel. I've just renewd my insurance and after playing adrian flux and chris knott off against each other and i got my insurance down to £650,I'm 27, 8 years ncb and no claims or convictions. I'm actually paying more insurance my my old n reg discovery. Which doesn't make any sence to me!
You need to factor in you'll have to keep topping it up with oil thogh as i've just found out!!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Hope they haven't sold the same one twice :D

Checked out insurance today.....dam its expensive! I'm 34 with full no claims discount, clean licence,only had 1 minor claim 2 years ago and More than quoted me £694!!

Welcome to the forum mate,
Well now you know why they are called "more than" lol

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
My quaots started off at 800 but i got it down to 650 by playing firms off against each other. took a good few hours but well worth sitting down with the phone and doing it.

Top Dog

Aug 12, 2011
Wolverhampton
So far in 3months of Cupra ownership have spent;
-£245 on tax
-£1600 insurance
And i can't forget the 21mpg i get on V POWER, but I'm not complaining as its well worth it when you put your right foot down :D

lee2412

Around an07, depends on what I can get for my money.

i am looking to sell mine its a 2006 reg but the 2005 model leon cupra r 225 only done 29500 miles.I have been using super unleaded and although more expensive i do seem to get a few more miles to the gallon,driving under 3000 revs on the motorway can get about 34mpg but the tax is about£250 per year and decent tyres will set you back about £120 each

lee2412

I use Green light, and for me at 25 with 7 YNCB and a clean licence was £627! Give them a call see if they can do you a better quote.

i use them too i am 34 with only 5 years no claims and i pay £536,before that chris knott was cheaper,pays to swap every year i think

chorlton

Mar 1, 2008
Cumbria
I bought mine two weeks ago. Its also a black 2007 with 34k on the clock. Im just 23 and my insurance is £526 per yr with Churchill. i cant average more than 27 mpg but i love the car and its worth the poor mpg and high running costs in my opinion.

jimjamsco

Jan 5, 2012
Fife, Scotland
I use Green light, and for me at 25 with 7 YNCB and a clean licence was £627! Give them a call see if they can do you a better quote.

I have been with admiral for four years (as long as I've had my license) got 4yr NCB and clean license. I'm only 22 and they quoted me £600 only £70 more than I was paying for my focus 1.6. That's with 8000 mile a year, parked on street, SDP&C. Fully comp. oh and bodykit added as modifications. I wasn't long in paying for it incase they changed there mind. Lol.
This is for an FR though but still cheaper than most at my age.
My car costs me £245 for tax. And put a full tank in every 10-14 days £65. Not had it for long so don't know about servicing etc. but if you are going to buy a car like this you know its going to cost more than the average car. I'm happy with the FR and haven't noticed much difference money wise. Definitely going for the Cupra next. I think they are very underrated an don't get enough praise.

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
I know mate but I'm 23, price you have to pay to drive a car like a Cupra at a young age.

Im 24 and my girlfriend is 22 and our insurance is £900 a year with admiral.
Seems quite reasonable looking at some of these quotes.
I have always been with admiral as nobody seems to be able to beat their renewal price.

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
Im 24 and my girlfriend is 22 and our insurance is £900 a year with admiral.
Seems quite reasonable looking at some of these quotes.
I have always been with admiral as nobody seems to be able to beat their renewal price.

I was hit on the motorway and Admiral were a compleate pain to deal with so I try to avoid them at all costs. I find direct line now seem to be getting to the same price range ad Admiral

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Looking at some of these quotes makes me feel soo gutted honestly :(

I thought i go down the 1.9tdi route to keep my insurance cost down even then at 23, 5yrs no claims im paying £952 with Tesco which was the cheapest i found. Got a lot of shopping around to do come July when i renew as i will have 6yrs no claims also.

Got a feeling its because i live in the west part of birmingham which is still not a bad area

Mike H

Only just caught up with this thread, but for the record I managed an average of 27.2 over the three years of the 08 plate Cupra I had and have averaged 26.7 in the twelve months I've had the new one - both running VPower.

On the insurance front, £350 for an oldie like me with OH as named driver and business use included.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.