Pre facelift FR DSG at local dealer; Should I? (Tempted..)

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
Took Mork's advice when I asked about tuning options for my Stylance!!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/SEAT/Leon/2.0TFSi-/131106026071174/advert?channel=CARS

Sooooo tempted... The free tax and servicing just about puts it in my budget. If I can knock another grand I'll defo go for it. The fact it's a pre-facelift is not a bother, I actually prefer the look of it. Car's been sitting in the showroom since 2009.

Been reading the Posts about excessive oil consumption, and potential probs with DSG box. Most of which I can't understand.

I average 10000kms/6300 miles a year, so wondering what kind of fuel consumption should I expect over and above my 1.6????

What else should I look out for?

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
regardless of when its registered, if you say its been there since 2009, its still a 3 year old car for £21k.
no thanks.

sniperftw

this all seems wrong? :S it cant be a pre facelift if it's 2011! :S and the fact you wanna pay 21k for that is ridiculous!

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
this all seems wrong? :S it cant be a pre facelift if it's 2011! :S and the fact you wanna pay 21k for that is ridiculous!

late registered...

when i bought my R6 i waited an extra 2 months before i had it registered so i could have it on the new 10 plate the first day they were released at the time

alesi27

May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
Can you not source one from the UK then import it?
In a word, no.

See above for price of 12 Style.

A 2012 FR (if I could find one) would be about €35-37k. So put it in that context.

I'd be able to get it for €16.5K with my own as trade-in.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
That would fetch £8-9k over here, if you're lucky. Amazing.

If you're not fussed about the DSG, get a Cupra or manual FR.

Edit: It's 2011? Oh. Worth a bit more, but still...

Last edited:

alesi27

May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
Irish gov charge an extortionate tax called VRT on imported cars, to prevent everyone from buying their cars in Northern Ireland and mainland GB
[:@]

Indeed, which is why I said in a word No to an earlier post.

I know it's a 3 year old car, but it is on an 11 plate, and has 70 odd miles/120 kms on the odometer. That's why it's reduced from €38K to €25K.

I was wondering about the running costs over my current 1.6; looking at the old 2007 brochure I have shows the 2.0 DSG as not really any much more thirsty than the 1.6. I was expecting more TBH.

To those who have lived with one, how is it? Ride too hard? DSG problems? Things to be aware of?

Anyway, thanks for the input so far, but try to keep the price in context. It may still be too much, but that's why I asked.;)

amullally

My new cupra was 41800 euro in ireland vrt was 32% and vat is 23% and road tax is 670 euro,you car by the car vat and vrt free for the uk.19000 euro for the uk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.