Fastest Mk2's?

anthony37

Take No ****!
Jun 21, 2010
Edinburgh
The other reality of a 450bhp car is that its wheelspin is significantly more uncontrollable than a K04, which is clearly evident in these 60ft times.

You also underestimate the DSG gearbox. I presume the car that posted the above times was a manual. A 452bhp Seat Leon Cupra with a GT30 could only manage a 13.00 at the same track in South Africa.

Ray!! Dude!!! M8!! Man!!! Come on!! No FWD will make low 12s with a K04!! And by the 60ft 2.1 is a very good time for a FWD car trust me! This's R888 used on this car! And I am not underestimating the DSG,,,,raced them a few times and its not as impressive as we think although it does help.

Last edited:

anthony37

Take No ****!
Jun 21, 2010
Edinburgh
The other reality of a 450bhp car is that its wheelspin is significantly more uncontrollable than a K04, which is clearly evident in these 60ft times.

You also underestimate the DSG gearbox. I presume the car that posted the above times was a manual. A 452bhp Seat Leon Cupra with a GT30 could only manage a 13.00 at the same track in South Africa.

You have a youtube account Ray??

raisin

Aug 3, 2009
South Africa
Ray!! Dude!!! M8!! Man!!! Come on!! No FWD will make low 12s with a K04!! And by the 60ft 2.1 is a very good time for a FWD car trust me! This's R888 used on this car! And I am not underestimating the DSG,,,,raced them a few times and its not as impressive as we think although it does help.

Of course Anthony, Boeta, Broe, M8 !!! lol

2.1 is good but not great. We get around 1.9. R888's are also good, but Hoosier's are great. We've used them both, and I would go with the Hoosier anyday. Do you get these in the UK ? If so, you should definitely try them.

When are you visiting SA next ?

anthony37

Take No ****!
Jun 21, 2010
Edinburgh

2.1 is good but not great. We get around 1.9. R888's are also good, but Hoosier's are great. We've used them both, and I would go with the Hoosier anyday. Do you get these in the UK ? If so, you should definitely try them.

When are you visiting SA next ?[/QUOT

I'm a bit sceptical of using slicks! I don't think I will use them as its to harsh on my gearbox. I have to change my Duel Mass Crap Flywheel just the now!! I bought the Sintered four puck Clutch and Pressure plate to suit to find out I could not change the Duel Mass. But I will have to deal with it and just keep my head up and buy a new one as its blown!! -((

raisin

Aug 3, 2009
South Africa

When are you visiting SA next ?[/QUOT

I'm a bit sceptical of using slicks! I don't think I will use them as its to harsh on my gearbox. I have to change my Duel Mass Crap Flywheel just the now!! I bought the Sintered four puck Clutch and Pressure plate to suit to find out I could not change the Duel Mass. But I will have to deal with it and just keep my head up and buy a new one as its blown!! -((

Four puck clutch is not great for daily drive...and the rattle of a Single Mass Fly is terrible. You are better off running OEM clutch and DMF...having gone through a couple of aftermarket clutches, I am enjoying the OEM.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Yes do, you more then welcome to stay over for the weekend m8, I am up in Edinburgh!? We will make a trip to Crail raceway and we can race our cars all good fun. You will have the opportunity to meet Al as well?

Sweet man! Will bear that in mind for when I feel the irrisistable need to get out London for a week-end hahahahaha

anthony37

Take No ****!
Jun 21, 2010
Edinburgh
Sweet man! Will bear that in mind for when I feel the irrisistable need to get out London for a week-end hahahahaha

Ja nee, kom, dis sal lekker wees as jy kom ons sal n dag uit kies maar dit moet n naweek wees waneer dit n Crail dag is Sondag?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Schweet, sal kyk nader aan somer tyd. Need to get my stage 2+ sorted first so I have a fair chance against you hahahahaha

Al

Aug 29, 2005
AL come now don't be ignorant m8!! You know you can not make a 12 flat in a K04!!! They are using NOS bro!! :hole:

I am not so concerned about the Golf - it is running DSG which will always beat a manual.

Regarding the Cupra, his 12.78 is 0.13 faster than my old cars time with crap tyres over 60 feet. With 888's I beat my 60 foot time on my fastest run by more than 0.13 seconds since which means theoretically, that 12.78 time could be beaten in my old car if it was running better tyres and me being able to launch it properly.

That is why I believe and applaud him :) :clap:. Having said that, I would still like some proof ;)

anthony37

Take No ****!
Jun 21, 2010
Edinburgh
I am not so concerned about the Golf - it is running DSG which will always beat a manual.

Regarding the Cupra, his 12.78 is 0.13 faster than my old cars time with crap tyres over 60 feet. With 888's I beat my 60 foot time on my fastest run by more than 0.13 seconds since which means theoretically, that 12.78 time could be beaten in my old car if it was running better tyres and me being able to launch it properly.

That is why I believe and applaud him :) :clap:. Having said that, I would still like some proof ;)

Agreed, I can except 12.7 if you prepare your self and have the right mods to suit S2+. I don't have your old times but you have had good times 60ft and its very important to get a good start to benefit the times at the end. R888 are a good way to get there and some guy's I have spoken to run a time of 2.12 which's very good for a FWD and getting it down by another 0.12 you probably need the slicks and a 12.7 could be lurking. Unfortunately I have not been in your old car as you had your passenger seat out that day but did have the opportunity to race against you which left me in for dust!? :clap: Being in your new car I thought it felt a bit heavy but it was wet and wheel spin did not make it any easier, anyhow, I can see you doing something special with this new car of yours and will keeping a close eye on your next visit to Crail. Are you going up any time soon Al? I might be there on the 19th or the meeting after at Fast Ford depending on the weather though?

anthony37

Take No ****!
Jun 21, 2010
Edinburgh
Does any one have any idea who the person might be that organises the Seat meetings at this year as there has been not date set at the Crail official page!? They have not gotten in contact with the person they normally deal with and now there's no date for any meeting this year? :-(( Does any one know who normally does this?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
This is done in the Scottish section Anthony.

Plan is at the moment to have a REVO day at Crail and invite Ford's and all VAG. That is where our national meet will be, so you will have the chance to have a go against Stage 4 Focus RS's etc ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise