Is this Catch tank plumbed in correctly?* Quick Q while this thread is back alive #32

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
the smeel was just to much mate

made the mrs feel sick and i didnt think to much to it either

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Hmm in that case i might not do it

If i run it down the wing ill just stick a breather on it there instead

You catch tank looks awesome by the way :)

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Hmm alot of people moan about the smell but I dont even run a catch tank just vent it straight down the wing and dont get any nasty smells..
Maybe its just me..
Do get the occasional whiff of fuel from removing the carbon canister but thats only with the window open sitting in traffic

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
p34ch3y engine bay looks awsome mate, so crips, but not full of chromey parts like you typically see, i like it. is your inlet mani and the rocker cover that crackle paint ? if not what colour is it, looks awsome !!

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Can someone tell me if i can use a breather filter instead of extending hose down the wing?

Some people have told me a breather wont let it breathe properly on these engines and cause problems

Yet ive seen a few now (most of them big turbo too) which have a breather fitted to the tank instead of routing hose down the wing to vent

Bought a new catch can but want a neat install, breather would be perfect

Last edited:

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
I'm sure you can most engines with aftermarket filters normally use a breather filter.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Can someone tell me if i can use a breather filter instead of extending hose down the wing?

Some people have told me a breather wont let it breathe properly on these engines and cause problems

Yet ive seen a few now (most of them big turbo too) which have a breather fitted to the tank instead of routing hose down the wing to vent

Bought a new catch can but want a neat install, breather would be perfect

the only thing i could see being a issue is that the breather filter could block up easy

my pipe gos down th wing and has a breather filter on the end as well

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Cheers for the info

Ill try one and see what happens, the can ive bought is supposedly designed so that only gases escape from it so hopefully it will be fine

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members