Remap Problems

CheesePie23

hi,
ive recently bought a ibiza fr tdi, and decided to go for a a revo map, only thing was the intake air temp was shooting up to around 90 celcius in one gear!
Then it went into limp mode, i had the map removed and the air temp was still going to like 60 degrees :confused:
just wondering if anyone else has encountered this before
new to this stuff and not great with cars so any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
This does happen and has done it to my friends car. But thats been foot down going though 2-3 gears. The only way he sort of stopped it was to remove the drivers side fog lamp to get more air to the intercooler.

Luke

hudyhudson

In the same boat here -__-, got the 1.9 TDI 105BHP standard had it remapped to a nice 140 BHP.

Instant power but as soon as i reach 5th gear and speed of 100MPH, all power from turbo dissapears and engine management light pops up. The engine management light goes away when i drive her nicely after a few miles.

Im guessing that we can call this limbo mode?..

I have a pipercross induction kit on her though... So is it lack of air flow? :/ would i be best with an open cone filter?

any help would be great guys

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
hi,
ive recently bought a ibiza fr tdi, and decided to go for a a revo map, only thing was the intake air temp was shooting up to around 90 celcius in one gear!
Then it went into limp mode, i had the map removed and the air temp was still going to like 60 degrees :confused:
just wondering if anyone else has encountered this before
new to this stuff and not great with cars so any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Do your engine fans kick in?

hudyhudson

The only other idea i have is something related to fuel pump or a sensor in turbo?

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
Is there anything blocking the air flow to the inter cooler or it may be a duff map sensor reading the temps are too high and cutting back the engine to avoid detonation

00Rupert

Apr 20, 2011
North Lincs
I get this too on my fr TDi. 110mph limp mode but it had a diagnostic done and last time seat told me nothing was wrong so I may go somewhere else for one.

PeterNYounger

May 26, 2010
could it be your egr vacuum pipe has popped off/split and thats become your air intake? I could be wrong but its an easy thing to check.

hudyhudson

cheers for all the replies everyone, had car taken to garage flashed up on diagnostic " turbo over boost"?

Its very strange cant get my head round it...

i am going to check the egr valve pipes and vacum pipes tomorrow, but she only goes into limp mode when hitting over 100mph so theres plenty of pressure etc throughout the other gears.

I may be wrong but i have a feeling theres just not enough fuel going in?

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Normally vac pipe to actuator will cause underboost, sounds like possibly VNT sticking.

Has this always been a problem or a new development? Also who did the map?

spud31

Rail Zip User
Jul 14, 2011
A friends superchipped one does this and on logging the IT is over 90deg at this speed so ecu retards fuelling.
Does seem like some tuners use a golf map not realising that the ibiza/fabia/polo use a smaller turbo so push it too far.
Has anyone ever tried the upgraded smic seen on ebay, as people on the uk mk4 golf site have had excellent results

hudyhudson

The car is in mint condition, and never had this issue till the remap... Im starting to wonder if he has used the wrong map on my ibiza? could be the problem.

IT also gets to 90 degree temp fairly quickly but never gone over this temp.

I had the remap done by rapid remap in Cannock.

Smic?? first time ive heard of this ? i will look into it.

thanks once again for the replies much appreciated.

hudyhudson

HAHA need to correct myself here, I do know what a smic is lol read it wrong. maybe the case of an upgrade?

hmm...could be loads of things....I would start with getting the inter cooler and pipework checked, change any cheap sensors and check your oil.
Egr may need cleaning or might be worth getting a delete kit.

Common problem on Ford vnt turbos is for the vains to stick...and causes a simular issue to this so as previously said it could be this.

Allard sell a egr delete kit and oil breather system that helps prevent this from happening :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.