Boot won't open!

IxOZxI

Jun 16, 2011
Help lol. Can't get my boot to open, It doesn't seem to want to unlock and it's chosen a pretty inconvenient time so help ASAP would be great lol. Thanks on advance

philje123

Chug chug
Jul 5, 2011
York
Is the key on the lock not working either then?

Sounds like something may have come off. You will need to get the boot trim off (by getting into the boot through the back seats) and check out what's going on.

Phil

IxOZxI

Jun 16, 2011
Ha I used the key under the badge (That I didn't know was there till like my 50th attempt of pressing the buttons on the drivers door...) And that unlocked it and it works as it should now but maybe that article will be good in future if today was the start of a slippery slope. Thanks

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
As above really. Read through my guide.

Whats happened is the grease (or little that Seat has applied) has dried out causing the black plastic square catch to get stuck up and lose contact with the handle.

Lubricating it will get it working. As you will read it may come back again esp if you dont use the boot very much. I got desperate and made a small round hole so i dont need to remove the boot panel just to open it :(

Finally if you have a go at this in the current freezing weather take extra care as the already fragile panel clips will be likley to snap :cry:

Best of luck.

Kruss

Last edited:

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Ha I used the key under the badge (That I didn't know was there till like my 50th attempt of pressing the buttons on the drivers door...) And that unlocked it and it works as it should now but maybe that article will be good in future if today was the start of a slippery slope. Thanks

Thats a good bit of luck ;)

It prob not the best job to take on in the very cold weather due to the clips snapping. :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise