About to order new Leon, couple q's, does the sat nav play dvds etc..

ph1l

Hi All,

I hope ive got this in the right place, apologies if it should be somewhere else, 1st post!

Im just about to order a new Leon, i think im gonna go for the FR TDI and then get a blufin for it so its quicker than the Focus ST i have now (which is CRAP! Should have stuck with the Leon i had before!) and still give decent fuel consumption.

Anyway, i think most of my questions have been answered by the other posts on here, but i just want to know if the Sat Nav option will play DVDs/TV and if it can be added. All i can see is a bluetooth or not bluetooth option but ive seen mention of it playing DVDs when the car is stopped?
Can it get traffic updates and how do you update the maps?

Is there anything else i should opt for or know?

I had a Leon TDI Sport before (MK2) so i know pretty much what to expect, but i leased that and im gonna buy this one so want to get it right!

The bits i want are:
Black Metallic
18" Wheels
Convenience pack
Sunroof
Sat Nav with Bluetooth
and the iPod connection (will this work with an iPhone?)

I havent been to a dealer in a long while, im configuring the car online with a company that been reccomended and the price is £19256.99 compared to the Seat site that seems pretty good and better than the dealer could do when i called.

Any comments would be very gratefully received!

Phil

adrian t

May 10, 2008
south west dorset
leather seats would be good remember times are hard for all stelers so ask for free upgrades . .

worse thay can do is say no ..

sounds like i did a good job not going for a st as i did look at them but thought narrrrrrr seat tdi sports better ..

good luck with sorting one out

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Can it get traffic updates and how do you update the maps?

there may be a few helpful users that frequent scn that may help with map updates, eh nick :D.

dont know if the ipod adaptor has the 'shims' for the iphone as yet. you wont need it anyway if your getting the sat nav, you'll have around 20gig for your favourite tunes, and it will be a damn site easier to navigate the menu's too.

ive also got the bluetooth, sunroof, and convenience options and would order them again if i was to order another leon.

hope this helps.

KarenFR

Feb 23, 2008
North West
Winter Pack - I find the cabin can take a while to warm up on cold mornings, but the heated seats more than make up for that. Would definitely hate to be without them.

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

Be sure to give me a call and i will work you out a great price from a very well established SEAT uk main dealer (i.e me :D)

Irfan

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

Just had a quick work out for you and i can better that deal :D

Irfan

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
I would recommend Bi-Xenons, the amount of people on here wish they had ordered them with their car as they are truly a good buy! Unless you're looking at the FR+ which I believe comes with them :)

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
My uncle has a cupra r and he says the sat nav is rubbish! An option he should of saved his money on!!! He thought it would be the same set up as his passat cc (company car) but its not a patch on it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.