Coil pack Recall

Cupra555fire

Just been to Seat in Sheffield and yeah 4 new coil packs on my Leon Cupra with free vac, clean and the steeler only advisory was top up the power stearing fluid!! Was becoming hesitant acceleration when very cold i'd planned to change them but thanks to the forum I phoned up to ask just gave them the Reg and said it needs sorting. Saved me some £££

Black magic 03 LC, Custom code ph1, LCR alloys, Koni fsd, Eibach pro springs, Green filter, 007p, THS dbm, fabia wiper, LCR splitter, 4300k hids, spacers 10-15

Last edited by a moderator:

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
Popped down to Barlows Wolverhampton and they kept saying nope no coil pack recalls.. So i got them to check my reg but it didnt pop up, gave them the vin and she got all the details up and it said something about seat advised upgrades. I read on the counter "Vehicle and Software enhancements advised on Seats Database will be carried out free of charge". She went in the back to go speak to the guy about bookin it in and im gna go down tomorow and hopefully get new ones :D

BumbleJC

Aug 24, 2011
Derby
Mine was due an MOT yesterday, I got a call from Seat on Wednesday asking if i could leave it with them an extra couple of hours to check the coil packs. I've only had the car (2007 TFSI FR) for 5 months and it's history is all down south and not all dealer servied. They did all four for free but I didn't have time to check the old numbers so can't say what they are.

Looking at this forum and others there are a few threads on it and it seems to be taking a long time to filter through. Someone mentioned Skoda have done it as well as VW, wonder if Audi have had to do the same as well with older ones?

I was suprised mine got done as I'm the second owner and its out of warranty. They weren't particularly helpful with an explanation though, I got "the copper in the coils wears out". No explanation as to how or why this differs from any normal coil pack which will wear at some point. Is it safety related? Who knows, can't argue with them replacing it FOC when it is 5 years old.

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
Ahh sod it....

I just get myclunk sorted (ie subframe bolts)

to find there is a coil pack recall....

Guess i Will be back On the phone to Seat in the morning....

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
Popped down to Barlows Wolverhampton and they kept saying nope no coil pack recalls.. So i got them to check my reg but it didnt pop up, gave them the vin and she got all the details up and it said something about seat advised upgrades. I read on the counter "Vehicle and Software enhancements advised on Seats Database will be carried out free of charge". She went in the back to go speak to the guy about bookin it in and im gna go down tomorow and hopefully get new ones :D

Manny did you get this sorted with Barlows ?

GTTIM

Mar 22, 2005
Just booked my in at Marshall Seat Cambridge. Claimed it would take 4 hrs! Will report back. Im sure they will try and get me to cough up for other things but i just want the coilpacks :)

Last edited:

GTTIM

Mar 22, 2005
...4 hours? are they waiting for your car to cool down? - Hope they'r not charging you for this! its really silly.

Anyone can do the job...Takes about 30mins max but yea 4 Hours...ridiculous

Asked if it was free, said yes, its under warranty (although clearly my car is no longer under warranty, its nearly 8 years old!)

Im sure they will claim there are other problems (which to be fair there may well be) but i just want the coilpacks done for free as its a recall. Certainly wont be paying anything!!

GTTIM

Mar 22, 2005
Well, my coilpacks did need doing. Had to leave the car in pretty much all day. Overall pretty good.

Unfortunately although the car feels a little smoother (clearly needed replacing) its actually made the issue i have slightly worse (or affected overall drivability). Im now occasionally getting surging on part throttle at low revs, any ideas? N75?

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
Popped into Barlow with my Cupra K1 and she checked my vin number and said their wasn't any recall on the car....

Has any 08 Cupra gone in for the recall?

Thats what they said about my TFSI Sport

Then i saw some info on the side on her screen, and it said 'recommendations'
She said- We dont have any recalls.. Then i saw on the desk it says, any recommendations by seat are done free of charge.

So i said, doesnt it say there that they are recommended to be replaced, and he was like yeah.. then i said well it says right here Recommendations by seat are done Foc, then she was like hmm, went into the back, came a few mins later and was like okay so lets get your car booked in :lol:

Top Dog

Aug 12, 2011
Wolverhampton
Thats what they said about my TFSI Sport

Then i saw some info on the side on her screen, and it said 'recommendations'
She said- We dont have any recalls.. Then i saw on the desk it says, any recommendations by seat are done free of charge.

So i said, doesnt it say there that they are recommended to be replaced, and he was like yeah.. then i said well it says right here Recommendations by seat are done Foc, then she was like hmm, went into the back, came a few mins later and was like okay so lets get your car booked in :lol:

No way! I will have to go in tomorrow, did she show you her screen and the recommendations should be on the screen right?

Checky fkers.
What plate is your TFSI sport mate?

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
To be honest mate. you are best to run the car down there and get them to visually check the part numbers on the coil packs. i know a few people that were told no and then when checked were like your car shouldnt have those coil packs and were changed FOC

mine were done 57 plate

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.