Wierd noise when accelerating

Stuueyy

Hey all :)

Has anyone had this issue before?

My car has a wierd noise when accelerating with the pedal below half throttle... Sort of like a "euuurrgghh" noise when it's between 1.5k and 2k revs! I've had it to the garage I bought it from and they say it went away when they looked at it but it hasn't :/

It doesn't do it in neutral (or doesn't seem to).. And I first noticed happen any time I pressed the accelerator when I had 4 people and 2 suitcases in When checking service book it says it was remapped and then set to standard, any chance this is damage to the clutch? Any help would be much appreciated :) I have 2 years warranty with it so if you have any suggestions as to what it can be I can go to them and get it sorted once and for all :)

Cheers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
The clutch does it slip? Or crunch dont think clutches make euuurgh noises when there knackerd! Has it got an open cone filter?

Stuueyy

It doesn't feel like it, apologies I'm a bit of a newbie to diagnostics on a car :/ what would it feel like? It doesn't seem to lose power.
I'd read on here that remaps and "booting" it causes it slip, maybe now mines at standard its at "borderline slipping?"
Nah it looks standard mate, has an airbox. The garage mentioned something was loose and they fixe it and it went away, but it didn't, probably to fob me off, could it make that noise if the airbox is loose? I noticed some play in it, like the screw closest to the battery was loose

Stuueyy

Speaking of diagnostics... I ha it on vagcom and there was a fault for and which it'll be going in for, but nothing else :)

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
If its like a roaring noise then it could be a loose airbox just check all the clips are done up tight and allthe pipes are tight and that know has put loads of holes in the underside of the box.

Test your clutch for slipping just get to 30mph put it in 5th and floor it if the revs shoot up with no acceleration then its slipping if it gradually just speeds up ie car gets faster then its ok the other way i check is to snatch gear changes like change gear really fast and lift the clutch really fast so you feel it grip the next gear!

Stuueyy

Okay will do, should probably mention its an FR TDI :)

I'll test the clutch tomorrow but Im sure it doesn't do that, I'll also check the connections to the airbox, thanks :)

I can't remember exactly, we've cleared it to see if it comes back (already made abs kick in) as it went back in for brake related fault and I'm from the Newcastle area, blyth :)

tdi sport

Apr 13, 2008
maybe its the boost pipe vibrating against the fuel filter housing happend me and i just cable tied some foam around the boost pipe.

Stuueyy

Really? I'm gunna try that in the morning :) thanks :)

I tested the clutch and it's definitely not that, had a 100 mile round trip yesterday and tested it and various points and didn't slip at all :/ guess I'll examine all clips and pipes tomorrow :)

Stuueyy

maybe its the boost pipe vibrating against the fuel filter housing happend me and i just cable tied some foam around the boost pipe.

This was my problem too, sorry to bump an old thread but.. This was my problem too!

It took me a while to get round to it with the cold weather and stuff, but after investigation it was my boost pipe vibrating off the fuel pump housing. So have tied foam around it too, any long term solutions for this?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members