Speedo

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Well to close the post. I have now got a speedo with 170mph on hehe my new cupra :) shame its snowing like hell so can't try it out.

Good luck with your "beast" hope your TDi has gone to a good home, some lucky bugger will cherish it after this thread :rofl:

DAZFR72

Apr 1, 2010
In The Van
Buzz this has to be the thread of all threads , u got 300+posts and over 14200+ views I reckon it deserves a prize or commendation for the stats alone !!!! Well done buzz keep up the good work !!LOL

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
This thread is awesome because I made it. Its funny because none of you believed me and it so is possible. but now I have a cupra and most of you are rocking round in fr's ;0 x

No, it's funny for a whole host of other reasons than that! And I'd hardly say people are just "rocking round in fr's" - I've just bought a new car and for the same price I could easily have had a Cupra, however the type of driving I do doesn't lend itself to a petrol car. That said, if I'd have wanted to get a Cupra then there would be no reason why I couldn't, other than me being slightly sensible, something it seems you aren't when driving at (apparently) 140mph on uk roads.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
This thread is awesome because I made it. Its funny because none of you believed me and it so is possible. but now I have a cupra and most of you are rocking round in fr's ;0 x

Cupra or not you're still a numpty for thinking a 1.9 105 (even with about 150PS) with a 5 speed box can do 140.

If it was possible you would have posted a video of it doing it.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
No, it's funny for a whole host of other reasons than that! And I'd hardly say people are just "rocking round in fr's" - I've just bought a new car and for the same price I could easily have had a Cupra, however the type of driving I do doesn't lend itself to a petrol car. That said, if I'd have wanted to get a Cupra then there would be no reason why I couldn't, other than me being slightly sensible, something it seems you aren't when driving at (apparently) 140mph on uk roads.

Lol how I knew these replies were coming after I saw what Buzz wrote about others FR's was a mistake lol

But good on you that you now have a Cupra :)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Just checked, my 59 plate Mazda 6 diesel sits at 70 mph, in top gear (6th) at 2000 rpm. now , that equates to 105 at 3000 rpm , 140 at 4000, and 175 at 5000!!! however, the speedo runs out at 160...... :rofl: so , all i need is a V E E E E E E R R R R R Y Y Y Y long run up ........ and in theory..... well it is 163 bhp ...... oh fffk I gotta stop me sides are hurting :rofl::rofl::rofl: ZOOM ZOOM!

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
That's nothing m8, I overtook a 458italia on the motorway the other day, so by buzz-logic that makes me good for 200mph. v8 and 9k revs? Who needs that?

Sent from HTC Sensation Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.