alarm fault ?

mark smith

"take it or leave it !"
Oct 28, 2007
westbury !
came back to the car this evening, unlocked with the remote, that was okay. turned the ignition on, the usuall dash lights came up but then the lights went out and the alarm started going off, i couldn't stop the alarm. after several attempts at hammering the remote the alarm stopped, but as soon as i turned the ignition on the bleeding thing set the alarm off again. managed to stop the alarm and started the engine, now the mirrors are stuck folded in ! (sorry for the lengthy "story" !)

any help would be apprieciated cheers

Rhonda

Hi Mark

Had the same sort of probelm with mine, but I dont have folding mirrors.

mine was a bad battery connection, try that

s_purs

have you checked for water leaks? i know the water leaking from the rear wiper into the boot lock can make people have problems with the alarms going off, so it might be down to the windscreen washers leaking somewhere? thats just a guess out of the blue though

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Switch again, door opens primes the pump.
Does the interior light work or the "lights left on buzzer" if the drivers door is opened?

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
Ah, ok.

I sorted the same problem last night! :-

I had noticed was the warning lights in the centre of the instruments (brakes, battery etc) went very dim during cranking of the engine, which lead me to believe it was a major power supply issue - not an electrical component glitch.

Couldn't find anything wrong, but although I had charged the battery over night until fully charged according to the charger, and it cranked the engine at a reasonable speed, I still had my doubts about the battery, so I swapped it with a 1 year old Bosch one from my Corrado...

Problem solved! It appears the electonics are sensative to battery condition. Basically when cranking the starter motor is loading the battery very heavily and dropping the voltage to a point that the alarm resets.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members