Leon FR 1.4TSI

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Doubt there are many or none atm. I ordered mine in November and should get it by the end of this month. Long wait and I hope its worth it :)

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
No offence taken. I ended up taking the 1.4TSI due the price and fuel economy. 1.4TSI FR with the equipment I chose to buy cost me 21.5K£ here in Finland and 2.0 TSI manual with the same equipment would have been 26K£. Big difference in my opinion. Fuel prices and the tax you have to pay from the car are bit more than there :)

Last edited:

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
If only they sold it in Ireland I'd buy one. Like Joens for me it would be price and economy. The 2.0 FR is €36K, looking at the price of the UK 1.4 FR it would come in around the €25K mark. Pity they won't.....

matt-tsi

Matt-TSI
Dec 20, 2009
I live in northern ireland, i will be parting with my 09 1.4 TSI 2moro for a new cupra R. The 1.4 TSI is a torquey little engibe and returns a very impressive mpg! Any wuestions just ask!

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
I picked up my Leon 1.4 FR at the begining of December last year while they were doing the VAT free deal. Fantastic to drive. Only problem is that I can't get anywhere near the mpg stated by the manufacturers. (average of 32mpg)

The only optional extra I chose was the Satnav.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Your doin sumthin wrong mate! Ive had mine up to 56 even on a short ish trip. Btw There are afew tsi owners on here regularly. None that i know of with frtsi tho!

matt-tsi

Matt-TSI
Dec 20, 2009
yea ive had mine reading high 50's and even higher! i have pictures to prove! usually around town you will get 30s and for a mixture 40's odd!

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
Is it because my car is still new and it's not quite run in that I'm getting low mpg figures? It only got 1300 miles on the clock.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Hi

Fellow 1.4 TSi driver here (1.4Tsi Sport) along with a few others on the site, notably BigBadJay

The 1.4 TSi engine is a good engine, it’s relatively powerful for its size and economical.
When you consider the 1.6 Zetec engine in the Ford Focus is 100BHP, against the stated 125BHP of the 1.4TSi on the Leon, its got a fair bit of poke.
Mine feels quick enough and has enough poke for the traffic light grand prix

I regularly see between 30 - 32mpg on my commute to/from work, which is a 14 mile round trip from home into Manchester city centre and back.

The most I’ve had is 54.6 mpg on Christmas day 2011 driving home from Sandbach, using the M6/M56/M60, doing a constant 60mph on cruise control sat in the left lane.

If your constantly on the power with a right foot made of lead and having it on boost with the turbo kicking in all the time, you wont get anywhere near the manufacturers stated consumption figures.

Can't fault mine, its been really impressive so far, i'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised

Reactions: bigbadjay

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Is the FR now the same as what the "sport" was, and the FR+ what the FR was? I suppose its good news for new buyers you can have FR trim and not be restricted to big units.

Also what trim do u get led rear lights with, fr,fr+ or both?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members