What to look for? Buying Arosa

qowenp

Hi

So I'm going to look at a Seat Arosa tomorrow, it's an 03 plate, 1.0 litre engine in Silver. It has factory fitted CD/RADIO/TAPE player and has done 48000 miles. It doesn't mention whether it is the 8v or 8v S version, which I would like to know.

Basically, are there any things I should be looking for in particular? This is only my second car, so I'm not particularly experienced in these kind of things. If you can think of anything that would be good to check, that would be helpful.

Finally- how much would you guys be prepared to pay for this car, if in my position? (Considering all is legit)

Thanks

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
if its an 03 plate, the sure fire give away for it being the 1.0S would be 14" alloys, remote central locking, cd player and leccy windows.

first thing to check is the arches for rust, especially the back ones. i know the cars are galvanised but still have a wee look and check. id also be checking the floor carpets behind the passenger seat to see if they feel wet or not. if they do the washer pipe from the rear wiper has popped off ( easy fix, takes about 10mins max but you could play that to your advantage and wangle a discount lol! )

check all your door pannel gaps as due to teh front doors being sooo big, just watch incase they have dropped, a bodyshop can sort it easy enough mind you. also if you hear a click clack noise as yours opening the doors, its the door check straps, they are about £12 each to replace, takes 10/15mins per side ( again nothing major, just a common thing due to teh doors being heavy.)

neil72

Apr 30, 2006
durham
Door check straps were £18 each last July ,well worth it tho, couldn,t stand the noise when opening the doors .

Also make sure the hatch locks,usually the solenoid goes, £12 and easy to swap over .

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
Door check straps were £18 each last July ,well worth it tho, couldn,t stand the noise when opening the doors .

Also make sure the hatch locks,usually the solenoid goes, £12 and easy to swap over .

theres a guy on CL called Lupoboz, he works for VW parts and can get them discounted ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.