Fogs as DRL's

Nov 25, 2011
Wolverhampton.
Just fitted my new led fog
Light bulbs and tested them (they look ace) and coded them with vcds through central electronics to ' use front fogs as DRL's '. But with sidelights, headlights or auto lights on, they don't come on! Only when manually pulling the switch to turn the fogs on. Any ideas?

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
You have to set the "I want to look like a tw@t and drive round with my fog lights on when it's not foggy" bit to 1.

Nov 25, 2011
Wolverhampton.
Ahh, I had it set to "suck my d!ck". I see where I'm going wrong.

And no, If it's an option in vag com then it's obviously a popular mod and increases road safety. If you read the the description I Have LEDs which aren't bright at all. Each to there own.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
isn't driving with fogs on illegal when its not foggy? even if you've changed blubs Mr Average Plod may not know it.... :confused:

Gareth 265 R

Aug 4, 2011
Harrogate
And this is why I love this forum, someone asks a how to question and somebody insults in reply. Ok driving with fog lights annoys people, but I assume led are like Audi drls but a bit lower, is that really cause for insult? Some Knights of the road take life far to seriously.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
There is away to set your fogs as drls I've read it on here before.
As for legal I'm pretty sure some be pools had there front fogs as drls so it must be legal.
Drls usually go off with headlamps though

Sent from my iPhone

Jun 24, 2011
Sheffield
The new Fabia VRS uses fog location for DRL's.

It is a bit stupid having people comment with insults. All the guy wants it a little advice.

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
You can set the fog lights as DRLs but dimmed to 40% so not to look very bright and aggressive. I think this is the Scandinavian mode in the VAG COM. If you set it properly you can have the lights at auto and they work fine. In daylight conditions the fog lights work as DRLs with the main lights (sidelights, headlights etc) off and at night when the main lights are on, they turn off (as they should). I have mine like that and never had problems with the Police here in Greece.

PS. I have factory fitted light sensor (for reference)

Last edited:

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Yes it can be done with VCDS.

You have to do several things,

Enable DRL switching (Uses the main beam / indicator switch to to turn drls on / off) sometimes they are off by default.

Enable foglights to be drls (or enable drls if you want headlights instead)

Edit byte 18 of module 9 to turn lights from scandinavian mode to rest of world to turn off side lights.

Adjustst brightness level to suit.

roblythamuk

Wow, I bet you didn't know you were opening a can of controversy when you posted eh!

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
Just fitted my new led fog
Light bulbs and tested them (they look ace) and coded them with vcds through central electronics to ' use front fogs as DRL's '. But with sidelights, headlights or auto lights on, they don't come on! Only when manually pulling the switch to turn the fogs on. Any ideas?

What version of vagcom are you using? Also, do you have a picture of the cable you use to connect to the obd port. Where is the port anyway?

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
What version of vagcom are you using? Also, do you have a picture of the cable you use to connect to the obd port. Where is the port anyway?

This will get even more of topic :p
Loads of posts about vagcom cables and why or why not use (illegal) versions. Imho. I would use the search button and if you're asking where the obd port is I would at least use the genuine cable/software or have someone who knows what to do adapt the system.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
There is away to set your fogs as drls I've read it on here before.
As for legal I'm pretty sure some be pools had there front fogs as drls so it must be legal.
Drls usually go off with headlamps though

Sent from my iPhone

Think I must have been very tired when I wrote this what it was supposed to say was some VW Polos run with the foglamps as drls.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise