Head unit

dwc

Jul 16, 2011
Scotland
I'm looking for a new head unit for the Leon . I want one that has and external USB port, RDS and is a double din unit. Not sure what to go for. I saw some of those CD/DVD sat nav units from China but not sure about them. Looking for a bit of guidance as to what to go for.

simon54321

Feb 8, 2012
north yorkshire
Hi there mate i have the Pioneer 3300bt in my leon, this is a great unit, and so simple to wire in (routing of the mic was abit of a pain, but went in fine), the bluettoth on it is crystal clear, and the navigation of the menu's are gr8, i would'nt waste your time with the chinese one's, a friend bought one as he's had nothing but bother with it, and the manufacture would'nt do anything about it!!! i hope this help's you out.

dwc

Jul 16, 2011
Scotland
Cheers guys I think I will go for the Pioneer either the 2400BT as its the latest or the 3300BT.
Can you tell me if your IPhone has a SatNav app on it will it transfer the info to the Pioneer screen with the additional IPod/Iphone cable you have to buy ?

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Cheers guys I think I will go for the Pioneer either the 2400BT as its the latest or the 3300BT.
Can you tell me if your IPhone has a SatNav app on it will it transfer the info to the Pioneer screen with the additional IPod/Iphone cable you have to buy ?

I would like to know this too as mine has Appmode but dont have the cable yet and if its worth getting??

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Ebay is your best bet. You will need a facia to match your car £20 from Dave at SERE motors, a canbus adaptor for steering controls around £35 off ebay, an aerial adaptor for under £5. I think thats about it

dwc

Jul 16, 2011
Scotland
Cheers Masterkm for that. My Leon does not have steering wheel controls, so all I need then is an aerial adapter and the facia panel. Superb thanks mate

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
I've got a Chinese unit in mine and so far its brilliant, has loads of features, looks very good and sounds very good.

Very impressed with it.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.