Leon FR TFSI 56 vs 07/08

Geordie_Paul

Jan 19, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hi,

I'm looking at buying a Seat Leon FR TFSI and was just wondering whether there were any massive differences between the 56, 07 and 08 plate models? As in were there any problems in the 56 that there wasn't in the 07 etc...

The only reason I ask is there is a 56 plate and an 07 plate with virtually identical mileage but the 56 plate is nearly a grand cheaper!?

56 is yellow though and 07 is silver so I'll have to take that into consideration as well haha

Thanks,
Paul

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
There were no real changes between the introduction of the Mk 2 and the FL model in mid 2009 and any gremlins affected all of them. The only thing that springs to mind is a faulty batch of coilpacks that seemed to affect cars around the 07 reg. If you check with the dealer or SEAT UK, they can tell you whether it is affected. This is a replacement FOC.

There are a couple of threads you might find useful.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=174856

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=333119

Geordie_Paul

Jan 19, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks a lot Tim I'll take a look... so in your reckoning a thousand pound price gap between a 56 plate and an 07 plate with pretty much identical mileage is unwarranted... I guess I'll have to decide whether I can live with Yellow or not haha

Thanks once again!

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
I guess I'll have to decide whether I can live with Yellow or not haha

That could be why there's £1k difference. He may have had the 56 plate a while and can't sell it because of the colour. You didn't mention whether they were at the same dealer or not. I have found there is no price structure between dealers, some are constantly more expensive than others.
The Cupra will generally hold it's price better than the FR. Again, no real difference in problems between the different years. The Cupra wasn't introduced until March 07 so they could be more expensive than the FR's you've looked at.

Geordie_Paul

Jan 19, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks for the help again Tim appreciate it!

The Cupra i've been looking at is an 07 plate ex lease car with 2 previous owners and 58,500 miles on the clock up for just under £7500... Does this sound like a reasonable price to you or is that mileage quite high for an 07? I've been looking at FR's and Cupra's for past couple of weeks now and they're all starting to blur together to be honest haha

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
The mileage is not low but certainly not excessive (only about 11k a year).
Is it good value? All you can do is shop around and see what others are going for.
I always found if I was looking at several cars is to write them down listing all the relevant details (like a table). A lot easier to compare them then.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
hi paul,
i cant private message you as youve in-sufficient posts at the minute.
my car isnt for sale at the moment but could be.
candy white july 07 cupra, convenience pack, bluetooth, sunroof, rear parking sensors, seat mfd3, bi xenons....
chris

Geordie_Paul

Jan 19, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
It's a 07 and the Cam Belt and Water Pump were replaced at 51,000 miles... comes with a GOLD HPI certificate and BOSCH checks prior to delivery. It just sounds too good to be true at only just under 7.5k!! 58,500 on the clock... think it sounds too good to be true?? Apparently a member on here had it previously but cannot disclose name due to Data Protection obviously!

Cheers M6TT_F

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Apologies Chris been at graft all day/night so haven't had the time to reply! Anyways... I have now lol

just checked the faq section and its now 15 days :doh:

my car just rolled 32000 miles on the way to work tonight, so its averaging about 7500 a year.

ill pm you in a couple of days once youve got the 15 posts and let you know more about it. (i think it would be unfair to 'go public' as its not strictly speaking for sale yet.)

chris

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.