Mk1 lcr

daav

Hi guys, looking to get a LCR asap, now while browsing the forums im in some confusion about the engines? Hopefully i'll be getting a 03-04 seat leon cupra r... will the 03 have a different engine to the 04?

If so what are the differences? :think:

*Edit
i see one is 210 bhp and one is 220? are there different internals etc? one stronger than the other? I also read later models are a lot faster than the 02's not sure if this is gerenal pub talk or what.

Last edited by a moderator:

daav

03 will be amk code 212 bhp (210) and 04 where the bam engine starts 222 (225) everything is the same but slightly tweaked map

Thanks for the information man, seems the 03 is around £100 cheaper to insure too.

I'll be mapping the cupra either way BAM/AMK - would both come back with the same results assuming they're the same internals/turbo? with the AMK making a 10bhp better gain surely?

is there anything else different between the 225 and the cupra r? suspension or chassis wise etc?

Last edited by a moderator:

dawson86

Jun 23, 2010
bury st edmunds
so apart from the obvious bhp increase what is the difference between the cupra (180) and the cupra r? mine is an AUQ engine code which looks a wee bit different to some of the others? is it as little as a remap to lift the bhp?

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
so apart from the obvious bhp increase what is the difference between the cupra (180) and the cupra r? mine is an AUQ engine code which looks a wee bit different to some of the others? is it as little as a remap to lift the bhp?

To be honest the only thing really the cupra and r share are the engine block and body, everythjng else is more or less different, pistons, subframe,rack, wishbone , arb, turbo, twin cooler set up etc

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise