James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Opie are the nuts mate. So quick to deliver, great info and advice on products and decent prices/offers!!

Very happy with them myself.

NGK plugs are a great choice :D Run 7 rating one's on mine.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
yer getting there fellas, forgot that I have broken a few of the connectors to the car, wondering how difficult it is to change them with new ones? Will have the turbo on the mani this week and then take it to get a DP made next week and should be able to start it up next week :)

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Id appreciate it if you could tell me where the knock sensors come from, is one in the loom for the injectors? also i've got a few broken connectors, do you know if these are simple to replace or should I find a way of making them stay on?

I'll have a look when i get home friday mate, from memory though the knock sensor nearest the cam belt i think comes down through a gap in the manifold from the injector loom, and the other one (gearbox end) comes from the same wiring part of the loom that the power steering sensor comes from.

I will double check on it when I'm home :D

As for the plugs i believe you need a special tool available from the dealers to remove the connector pins from the connector blocks.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Well all of the plugs are accounted for, it does make sense really. I sat bag had another look at it all and was thinking to myself what parts are missing, TB, mani, EGT sensor, MAP Sensor and low and behold everything made sense and their respective locations, I will be getting vagcom on it ASAP after firing it up to check that there is nothing untoward.

Got the shipping details of my 2.0 coil pack kit today and my vband clamps and TB hardware, going to be a good day tomorrow I can feel it :D

Found out I've only got 1 broken connector which is the connector that attaches to the right hand side of the gearbox (brown connector) going to see if i can make it stay on there if not it will need another one.

Bled the clutch system today as well pedal is feeling mighty firm but is to be expected.

Got the car built up a bit more today, SEM mani is on injectors in, fuel lines attached, it's pretty much going to be ready to make a down pipe and intake pipe tomorrow, going to try and take it to have one made next week and then the big day will be here.....

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Done a bit more work on the car this evening, whilst I was attaching the driveshafts I found this little problem.....

ec31a6d8.jpg

Amazing how corroded something can be, I started to loosen the nuts on the bottom and the bolts which are an integral part of the ball joint span off in the socket! Went and got a new one from TPS and all is dandy again.

Got everything pretty much attached to the car now...

b40a11cf.jpg

All I've really got to do now is make up a intake pipe, charge pipe and take it to have a DP made.

Is it me or do these engine sit massively on the wonk???

e31613ef.jpg

Don't know what it could be...

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Oh yes, small jobs im good with keeping tidy, every tool goes back in its place as soon as I am finished.
Anything big and I attack it all guns blazing, normally finding tools for days too come haha

Cracking progress though mate, I cant wait untill its my time

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Good work James, and yes the engines sit on the p*ss.... if you check out the pics of my one it was the same bud.

Last edited:

styling

Apr 13, 2010
What size à hta compressor?

Nice build

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Sensation Z710e avec Tapatalk

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good work mate!

All looking very meaty now, would be good to see it at amd but understand that is only a little over 2 weeks now lol..

Reactions: james.l

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Good work mate!

All looking very meaty now, would be good to see it at amd but understand that is only a little over 2 weeks now lol..

Yer I don't think it's realistically going to happen if I'm honest to myself.... Will be ready (realistically) for April which is what my original goal was anyway...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.