Possibly unbalanced flywheel/clutch?

Gaskell

Feb 12, 2012
Hi guys,

I've noticed on my fr tdi today a kinda pulse/vibration and quiet noise while resting the foot on the clutch... At first I though it was the roughness of a diesel running but now I'm slightly more concerned.

Anyone else had this?

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Mite be the clutch slave cylinder thingymbob. Had it on another car like a mix of radiator fan/belt. If it gets louder it probably will be. I ran mine for afew weeks before it got really loud and nearly bust my gearbox. Clutch didnt slip though. Plus the teeth thingymajigs on the inside of the cluch came loose and flew off!! Had that clutch in for 4 years.

How old/miles is the car? Does it happen when you push the clutch in? Btw dont rest your foot on the clutch! Its not a footrest!!

Then again it mite not be the above.....

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
never a good idea to rest your foot on the clutch pedal, easiest and quickest way to wreck your clutch.

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
It could be the dualmass flywheel on its way out. Does it make any noises when completely off the pedal? and just on idle?

Gaskell

Feb 12, 2012
It could be the dualmass flywheel on its way out. Does it make any noises when completely off the pedal? and just on idle?

Good point there mate and yes that's spot on... Its only done 50k and ive Only had it 2 weeks and covered 200 miles!

Hopefully the dealer or extended warranty will pick up that bill then... Or I'll be playing the sales of goods act tune