Tyre noise!!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
How easy is it to strip out interior though and how much does deadening cost and where can I get it? Thanks

A bulk pack of deadener is £80 which will do the whole car. Then the foam can be bought quite cheapy, not sure on the vinyl, not got that far on the research tbh. I reckon it can be done very well for £200 tops.

The interior is very easy to take out

Seat - 4 spline bolts in each corner (cant remember size)
Rear backrests - fold down release the catch at bottom with flat screw driver and pull out
Quarter panels- remove big disk screws under the backrests, then go to an edge and pull
Front door cards - pull off handle trims, remove star head screws, remove torx screws at bottom of doorcards and pull off. Make sure to disconnect wiring etc when the door card is off
Boot panel - pull of latch cover, remove torx screws, pull off access panels, remove exposed torx screws, remove torx screw inside recessed handle, then go to an edge and pull hard

HTH

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
@ red panda - 'why do people buy these cars in the first place?' Sometimes you get taken in by the firm ride and lots of noise and think it's 'sporty' when on the test drive. It's only when you have to live with it, does it really start to bother you.

Another point to factor in is that there really are'nt any other direct rivals to the seat ibiza fr tdi, so this is the best option

Fiesta Zetec S tdci- slow, looks very dated
VW Polo GT - old image, very rare
Fabia VRS - spec not as good, old image, dated
Mini cooper D - slow, expensive, girly image

You see my point now lol

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
@ red panda - 'why do people buy these cars in the first place?' Sometimes you get taken in by the firm ride and lots of noise and think it's 'sporty' when on the test drive. It's only when you have to live with it, does it really start to bother you.

Another point to factor in is that there really are'nt any other direct rivals to the seat ibiza fr tdi, so this is the best option

Fiesta Zetec S tdci- slow, looks very dated
VW Polo GT - old image, very rare
Fabia VRS - spec not as good, old image, dated
Mini cooper D - slow, expensive, girly image
:rofl::lol:

Last edited:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
If people aren't happy with the ride/noise of their cars why did they buy them in the first place?
My view on this (and I think Ross is thinking along similar lines) is that the road noise and harsh ride is the worst aspect of the car, which you would hope in future SEAT would improve. For me, when I was choosing between Clios/Corsas/206s/Polos/Fabias etc the Ibiza seemed the best all rounder and to this day I still believe I made the right choice. They could be improved but show me a sub £10k (new) small hatchback that can't be improved.

Perhaps we should talk more about the Ibizas good points, it's stylishness, good reliability etc :p

27_craig

Apr 2, 2011
Wiltshire
Well guys I think im gonna go for sound deadening in the boot, under rear seats and in rear quarter panels for now and then strip front interior out at a later date and do that too! May try done heko wind deflectors too as they look pretty cool too! Anyone know best place to get some??

Now for some reasons I love my car!

Looks great, handles great, I love my interior (black cloth and red stitching) , pretty good sound system for standard speakers etc, love my wheels, great acceleration, very sporty, love the short sporty gearbox and well equipped too!!

Sorry I know it sounds like an ad!!!!!

John11367

May 20, 2005
I stripped the rear of mine last weekend, deadened the boot floor, rear arches etc etc as far forward as where the rear bench ends and there's already a good difference to the noise level. Interestingly I'm told the car is quieter in the back than the front now where before it was the other way round. Will be doing the front when I get time, then I'll see from there if it's worth looking at the roof etc but not looking for overkill, just to quieten the motorway roar a bit.

27_craig

Apr 2, 2011
Wiltshire
Yeah I'm just looking to quieter it down a bit like yourself! What sound deadening stuff did u use and where did u get it from if don't mind me asking?

27_craig

Apr 2, 2011
Wiltshire
4e9308b2-a39e-3a32.jpg

My baby!!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
@ 27_Craig - so cute how much you love your car :lol:

I've just bought a bulk pack of Silent Coat 4mm for car audio direct. Seems a lot better than the cheap ebay stuff tbh.

The rear of my car is bliss compared to the front! Need to do the bulkhead to quiten the front end a bit

FR Ritchie

Yeah Torque
Jul 12, 2011
Dunfermline/Plymouth
A point to make with regards to the VAG cars is the problem with feathering tyres on the rear. I had this on my Ibiza on purchase from a main dealer in Bristol - the car tyres were Pirelli P6000s and I thought a wheel bearing was away so do check rear tyre tread by running your hand over to feel if the tyres feel even! The dealer replaced the wheel bearing which made no difference and refused to replace the tyre because they had plenty of tread although on my commute 500mls it was brutal!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise