My ibiza has to be the fastest one of its kind

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
I think its quality your car is pulling out similar times to that of people who have spent ££££'s on their car:D

People must be hating on you ;)

Last edited:

pazz1991

Aug 1, 2011
My car was 2600 with a carbon bonnet but sold that for 250 so car was 2350 then I spent 209 pound in parts in total so it ows me 2559 and I'm beating 65k m3s pissed lol !!!

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
My car was 2600 with a carbon bonnet but sold that for 250 so car was 2350 then I spent 209 pound in parts in total so it ows me 2559 and I'm beating 65k m3s pissed lol !!!

and IMO this is exactly the point of a car like this. Cheap, rattly, squeaky, bumpy with plenty of road noise and not gonna win u much in the badge snobbery stakes.

Yet amazingly good fun and understated and highly amusing seeing the look on someones face when your ibiza holds it own against something considered a 'heavyweight' :p

Its how the cars make u feel when u have fun

pazz1991

Aug 1, 2011
Yeah defo car puts a massive smile on my face can't wait for the meet in april , and in two weeks time I'm off with chris to get his mapped should be good!!

Dan that time we were up pod my mates got some pics of ur car so inbox me ur email and ill send them to you later

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Yeah defo car puts a massive smile on my face can't wait for the meet in april , and in two weeks time I'm off with chris to get his mapped should be good!!

Dan that time we were up pod my mates got some pics of ur car so inbox me ur email and ill send them to you later

PM sent:)

Ill be sure to try and make some more pod days this year when im around

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
be good to get a load of the mk3 boys up santapod soon, was a good crack last time and always a laugh to go against another ibiza as its a good benchmark for comparison

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
So basicly as you do , i went to santa pod today for a run what you brung and i got some pretty impressive times :)

My quickest of the day was a 13.8 and a couple at 13.9 and alot at 14.0

Moveing on my car is running

Standard k03
fmic
panel filter
4 bar
tip
exhaust

Please tell me how i was beating a bmw m3 and a golf r32 why is my car so fast ? not complaing at all

awesome times..
great hook up...
what terminal speeds?

leighwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I carnt see this being correct that's quicker than my mates Quattro mk2 golf running 300bhp you must be running a hybrid turbo! Do you run a wot box?

Mar 19, 2010
derbyshire
I've ran a 14.5 on stage 2 and standard k03 turbo, but the day I ran that time all my mates were 0.4-0.6 slower than every other time they have been up the strip so they say mine has a possible 14.0 in it :), it's all down to the driver ;)

Mar 19, 2010
derbyshire
pazz do you do a burn out to warm your tyres or just go straight to the lights???, I just went straight to the lights cos I didn't fancy leaving my gearbox on the track!!!

pazz1991

Aug 1, 2011
Does he want to take it down for him and get him a good time ;)

Naa its a standard ko3 with 12 fins looses boost about 5200 so early defo ko3 and no what box

Just a heavey right foot and quick left ;)

pazz1991

Aug 1, 2011
pazz do you do a burn out to warm your tyres or just go straight to the lights???, I just went straight to the lights cos I didn't fancy leaving my gearbox on the track!!!

Naa I drive around the wet patch and straight to trhe track , as you get a better grip because roads tyres are ment to be warmed up gradually , not burnt out

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Hi, they are indeed good times you are running, although it's not unheard of, both my car and Ibizalex were running these times 3-4 years ago at pod and inters running k03.
It's been quite some time since I have looked at any slips but I seem to remember one being 14.00 with a terminal of 99.6 mph so very comparable to you times, also managed to hook up a 0-60 in 4.8sec as a belive Alex did also?
As you say though it's priceless seeing the look on some people's face when they are sitting there in some very expensive metal, and a ratty(well in the case of mine anyway, I seem to remember Alex's looking very plush as I belive it was a TTshop demo back then?) little Ibiza showing them who is boss with substantially less power.

Fair play though, it's nice to see somebody is still rocking the K03 as most of us have now gone BT or sold/broken the cars. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.