P-Torque re-map

Stewprovo

Inferi Black '07 Cupra
Aug 26, 2010
Catterick, N. Yorks
Went to see Will at P-Torque yesterday, and it was well worth the trip. 1st run came back at 245bhp & 235lb/ft and was a bit narrow on the power-band. Car is now stage 1, and feels like a rocket ship. Power up to 313bhp and Torque up to 312lb/ft, with both better spread on the graph. It also gives 4 more mpg on the motorway. Anyone thinking of getting it done, stop thinking, start doing. Cheers Will.

stuhcupra

Cheers for that mate you've made my mind up for me, was contemplating a REVO through Awesome but at nearly £600 over the £295 through Will it's a no brainer!

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Me too. The awesome prices for the revo stuff is a bit steep for me.

Does anybody know of a good remapped near Cheltenham/Gloucester?

Cheers.

stephenSF

Jun 2, 2009
Problem with not going the handset route is having to get it redone every time you have it serviced etc. Flexibility with Bluefin or Revo handsets I guess is what you are paying for.

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
With revo stuff, do I still get a custom map that I can put on an take off whenever I want? A map derived from a dyno session?

stuhcupra

Sorry for being a bit naive here lads but why do you need to get remapped after each service with the p-torque? Is this not a permanent mod' until physically changed back. Maybe Revo is the way to go then as it'd pay for itself in 3 years

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
think about it a remap is a software update/change to the "map" that is already on your car. This controls timing fuel boost etc.
Every time you get service they don't change what you already have unless there is an update from Seat
So it is permanent unless a software update has come from Seat

you do not need to update a map after a service if you are worried about loosing your re-map tell them not to change anything !!!
they only normally scan for faults nothing else !!!!

:)

stuhcupra

Thanks Tony my mind's made up then, I'm going to book in with Will tomorrow Time to get up and go clean the beast whilst there's that weird yellow thing in the sky!:lol:

stephenSF

Jun 2, 2009
Sorry, I should have said not 'every time' you service the car but sometimes they will update it meaning you would need to reapply the map.
I presume the place you have it done would also redo it for free in this instance?

matt09

Mar 20, 2009
Had my FR TFSI done this week by will and it's the best mod Iv done to any of my cars top product got 254 out of my stock FR I'd recommend him to anyone

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
most mappers will put it back for a small charge if Seat over write it best bet when you put it in for a service tell them not to flash the ECU :)

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Has p torque got a rolling road?

I should really email and ask, think I will.

stuhcupra

Booked in with Will for this Monday coming. Let you all know how the car gets on!

stuhcupra

Just back from seeing Will at P-Torque. Fantastic drive home. Car was showing 244bhp on the first run and after Will did his magic we were just under 310bhp and 330 lb ft torque.
Absolutely transformed the car, love it.
Can't thank Will enough and I highly recommend.

skiddusmarkus

Apr 30, 2010
What is standard boost and what do they increase it too?Some impressive gains there so am guessing an increase of 10 psi or so?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.