James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Got the car booked in at Badger5 for the 9th of March. It's going to be a painfull 3 weeks having the car sitting in my garage and not having it done but Bill is a busy fellow and can't squeeze me in any sooner.

He is going to be making me up an intake pipe in 3.5" with RS4 MAF housing. A 3" downpipe with external wastegate routing and charge pipe suitable to mate to the OEM pipework. There are a few smaller bits that he is going to do as well that need doing to get it finished.

Got to get the car on the back of a flatbed truck as it can't be driven at the moment.

Had a delivery from INA yesterday, 2.0 coils, coil adapters & Intake mani spacer. Thanks Issam

Really looking forward to getting the car finished and hopefully this trip to bills will see it back on the road in all it's glory. I will hopefully nab the number 1 spot on the rollers too :D

Last edited:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Well it's been nearly a week since my last update and sadly I don't have much to report.

Done a few small jobs, filled the gearbox with oil, aligned the gearbox linkage, installed the throttle body to the SEM and the SEM to the head.

That is about it for now. Isn't a lot more to do apart from put the plugs and 2.0 coils on when the plugs arrive. Only other job i've got to do is to install the inline fuel pump and put the front bumper back on and she will be ready for the 9th of March for the trip to bills.

It's going to be a boring couple of weeks for me as I won't have much to do on the car, I might try and get the car out of the garage and push it onto the drive to give it a wash before going up to bills apart from that it's a waiting game :(

Will get a few pics up of the engine bay as it stands later...

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
I hear what your saying, it's obviously more about how it runs and the power curve etc but still nice to have some expectation on top end numbers. Looking forward to the update once its all set up, going to be a mad drive from Bills I'm guessing ;)

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
I hear what your saying, it's obviously more about how it runs and the power curve etc but still nice to have some expectation on top end numbers. Looking forward to the update once its all set up, going to be a mad drive from Bills I'm guessing ;)

It's going to be epic mate, I'm actually quite nervous about it...:lol:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Here is a pic of how the car is at the moment.

b417e8b3.jpg

Not long now

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.