thinking about buying cupra r

PID

Mar 25, 2010
corbridge northumberland
Hi just looking at buying a cupra r mk1 shape av found one at my local garage , only problem is that the bloke I spoke to claims when he bought it in it had a knocking sound from bottom end so he changed the whole engine and turbo . For some reason this made me very dubious of jumping in to buying it he claims it has same milage as old. Engine ......... Any one got any opinions

Cheers pid

Dannyh

The Black Pearl
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester
he bought a replacement engine on exactly the same mileage as the old engine???

is this new engine warranted if so i would buy it because your guaranteed if it breaks if it isn’t warranted id walk away it does sound a little dodgy,
Maybe find a little more about both engines, who did the swap, where it was bought from, (it may put your mind at ease if it was done at a professional garage)

Proff_86

Jan 27, 2010
West Midlands
Without full details of the work carried out and the garage who did it I would walk away. Sounds like the guy is trying to pull a fast one to me....

PID

Mar 25, 2010
corbridge northumberland
Aye well the clock has 45,467 sumit around that just seems odd he has found same engine with exact same milage , he said car comes with 12 months warranty tax and mot but engine doesn't have engine cover on top, sounds and runs very sweet. But still cagey about buyin it maybe better going for a secand hand one with little.more miles least I no its been looked after

Cheers pid

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
You can never be truly sure that a car has been looked after unless you have either done the work yourself, or know the people who have done it.

I think with any used car you have to realise that things are going to fail and are going to need replacing.

You could buy the one from your local garage and it could be brilliant, and you could buy one from joe bloggs down the street with a FSH and a piston could jump through the block 10 miles down the road, it really is luck of the draw I guess. Just have to try and do as much research as you can before buying, thats all I can suggest really.

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
You can never be truly sure that a car has been looked after unless you have either done the work yourself, or know the people who have done it.

I think with any used car you have to realise that things are going to fail and are going to need replacing.

You could buy the one from your local garage and it could be brilliant, and you could buy one from joe bloggs down the street with a FSH and a piston could jump through the block 10 miles down the road, it really is luck of the draw I guess. Just have to try and do as much research as you can before buying, thats all I can suggest really.

I agree,if engine sounds sweet & pulls well thyen that a good sign,there are always givaways if a engine has been abuse or not serviced,if ur unsure get someone to check it over for you.The 1 thing you do need to know is when cambelt was done if not allow for having cambelt fitted,as far as buying a car is concerned i go on gut feeling

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.