rf's FR TDi - NOW SOLD - Another Car Change 2013!

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
I don't think the rules have changed yet, as far as I'm aware they're changing at some point this year.
I work in an MOT garage and the tester where I work has said its to do with them not being adjustable- but obviously if they're factory fitted then they will go through as there's nothing you can do about it.

I've not done any research in to it; I was just letting you know what I'd heard.

Factory fitting ones have auto self levelling so they don't glare people, sorry if my reply sounded a bit arsey mate wasnt intended :)

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
That's a beauty. But I wouldn't fit a HID kit to it; the way I understand it, at some point during this year they will become MOT failures if not factory fitted.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Cheers :) Well I was a bit worried about the hids when i took it for the MOT tbh. The tester made it clear to me that he was not a fan and wouldn't hestitate to fail it if the beam pattern was poor, however he said the pattern was fine and could'nt fault it. He then proceeded to fail it becuase of brake inbalance :(

Last edited:

Sinfield

Feb 12, 2012
Wellingborough
Cheers :) Well I was a bit worried about the hids when i took it for the MOT tbh. The tester made it clear to me that he was not a fan and wouldn't hestitate to fail it if the beam pattern was poor, however he said the pattern was fine and could'nt fault it. He then proceeded to fail it becuase of brake inbalance :(

The MOT giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.:)

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
The MOT giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.:)

Yeah i know lol. Was so pissed off at the time as all that was need was to remove the shim behind the brake pad that had corroded! 15 mins work! Least i learnt how to remove the callipers from it lol

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
mine failed for the same thing, brake imbalance and they went to clean the pads and the retaining pins were siezed :( all sorted now though! its such an annoying thing to fail for

I know and it shows up on the history as well :( Makes it look as if it's not looked after!

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I know and it shows up on the history as well :( Makes it look as if it's not looked after!
It's a bit like when mine failed it's test on two front tyres that were fitted 10 days before... shows up on the history and makes me look like the kind of guy that doesn't care! Reality is I was just so unlucky, one bulged and the other punctured :cry:

When they fail, it's always on things you least expect!

Last edited:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
IMO people don't buy because of colour. Anyone who sees this car will buy it. It's immaculate and has never wanted for anything.

Ross wont give an accurate description of the condition because he's so picky but I've seen new cars in worse condition.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Gutted to see you're selling it Ross!

Whoever snaps this up is getting one of the most sorted unmolested Ibizas on here. Can tell from your pickiness (rather like my own) that this is one hell of a good example. The pics speak for themselves.

Good luck with the sale.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.