Hose lose?

Poochy

Ooo my...
Dec 4, 2007
Cardiff
Mk4 Cupra TDI

Cars making a woo noise as the rev rises and then struggles to rise above 3,000 revs. I'm assuming there's a hose lose? Had a quick look, but I haven't a clue which hose it'll be.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Poochy

Ooo my...
Dec 4, 2007
Cardiff
Hoses checked and undertray taken off but all pipes seem to be intact. Taking the car back to the garage monday.

It drives ok upto to 2,000revs then it feels like I've just suddenly put an elephant on my car and it becomes very heavy and revs struggle to rise.

Still pipes? Or is this more of a turbo problem :/

Poochy

Ooo my...
Dec 4, 2007
Cardiff
No lights on the dash and no fault codes found. No excess smoke or discoloured smoke.

Sounds like a lose pipe, which I'm thinking is behind my bumper, like cupra al stated. Got a ticket noise now as well near my fan belt, cars on 63000 so that's due for a change soon, I believe?

And like you said its seems like limp mode, seems as the car runs fine if kept under 2000revs, any more and it makes more of a whistle than a howling wolf lol

Defo going back in garage monday to have it fully inspected.

Thanks for trying to help both

Poochy

Ooo my...
Dec 4, 2007
Cardiff
It kinda does sound like that, I hear it more when I'm slowly taking off, probably due to the engine being quiter though I suppose. Not what I want to hear :(

Changing the MAF at the moment, seems all pipes are intact. But little google research said that could be a sign of a failing turbo too. I thought it would be smoking a lot if it was the turbo?

Really hope its not

Last edited:

Poochy

Ooo my...
Dec 4, 2007
Cardiff
Just been told the turbo bearing has gone.

So new turbo and fitting, roughly £1400, sound about right?

Poochy

Ooo my...
Dec 4, 2007
Cardiff
Haha, but then I woould need a new clutch, flywheel, hoses

Tbh makes me feel like fixing it and selling it now :( nearly 2 years of ownership

Toby Davis

Toby Davis
Oct 12, 2009
Kidderminster West Midlands
Sorry to butt in, but this thread along many others is making me **** myself about my cupra tdi

Nothing but threads of turbos going at all sorts of milage

My car is always warmed and cooled down correctly and never ragged until warmed up

Oil change always carried out on time if not before with correct spec, but just know this wil happan to me as well

Are these turbos prone to going or something ? always hearing about them going and im sure the owners are just as careful as me, making me want to sell my car before it happans to me :(

Toby Davis

Toby Davis
Oct 12, 2009
Kidderminster West Midlands
p.s sorry to hear about your turbo poochy, having a bad time myself with mine

ECU went 4 weeks ago and my car has been off the road since then and still is until i can source a replacement :(

Cars ahhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy

Poochy

Ooo my...
Dec 4, 2007
Cardiff
No problem and thanks.

Well I've had the car since 22000, serviced it every 10,000 at seat dealership with seat parts, warmed up and cooled down properly, and always used the rev range from 2,250-4,000revs, so i think it was just the luck of the draw.

I wouldn't be put off too much, because it is a fantastic car, but just keep treating it well and hopefully you'll avoid the turbo going.

Dunno what caused my problem.

Sorry to butt in, but this thread along many others is making me **** myself about my cupra tdi

Nothing but threads of turbos going at all sorts of milage

My car is always warmed and cooled down correctly and never ragged until warmed up

Oil change always carried out on time if not before with correct spec, but just know this wil happan to me as well

Are these turbos prone to going or something ? always hearing about them going and im sure the owners are just as careful as me, making me want to sell my car before it happans to me :(

your only ever going to read about things going wrong go on any car forum and i should think it will be the same all cars go wrong new and old doesnt make them weak or anything.
going to a seat dealership doesnt make your car less likely to go wrong just means you spend more on essentially the same thing as what any other garage could/would do.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.