How much extra bhp?

Stuiemc

Barrrpppppp
Jun 1, 2011
Newcastle
I've currently got a MK4 Ibiza Fr am going to go straight to Stage 2 so am currently in the process of getting everything fitted for the Hybrid.

Just wondered how much extra BHP a SS FMIC, Turbo back Milltek, Green cotton panel filter and a PD160 intake would give on a standard map?

Stuiemc

Barrrpppppp
Jun 1, 2011
Newcastle
A don't think thatl be the case as I can feel the difference, the turbo is alot less laggy pulls alot quicker and harder.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Better response is not the same as more BHp. At the end of the rev range, where the spec. sheet BHp is measured, there won't be a significant difference.

However with a remap, adapted to take all these mods into consideration, you will see more gains than you would without them. Although I have to say that the comments I've seen elsewhere on the forum lead me to believe the intake mods aren't worth anything for a road car.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
A don't think thatl be the case as I can feel the difference, the turbo is alot less laggy pulls alot quicker and harder.

Just because the turbo spools quicker making the car accelerate faster doesn`t mean the car has any more peak bhp or torque, all that has been done is the power comes in sooner. If you have not changed the map the fuelling,boost etc will be the same and kept in the same parameters as before. You might gain a few bhp with the free flow back box. Intercoolers don`t make bhp they stop the inlet air getting hotter as the engine/turbo heats up therefore stopping the ECU from pulling fuelling/timing.

BigV

Apr 17, 2010
Just because the turbo spools quicker making the car accelerate faster doesn`t mean the car has any more peak bhp or torque, all that has been done is the power comes in sooner. If you have not changed the map the fuelling,boost etc will be the same and kept in the same parameters as before. You might gain a few bhp with the free flow back box. Intercoolers don`t make bhp they stop the inlet air getting hotter as the engine/turbo heats up therefore stopping the ECU from pulling fuelling/timing.

^This.

If you stripped the car down to a bare shell it would FEEL more powerful too.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.