Using iPod with Media System 2.2

Dale_tem

Feb 9, 2012
I was just wondering if it is just a normal USB cable between the ipod and usb port or does it need to be an ipod to usb+3.5mm?

Thanks in advance :)

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
I think you can get away with USB only. But if you use usb+3.5mm it will charge the ipod at the same time.

I use a usb+3.5mm with the iphone and its spot on. These are approx £70 from SEAT or £8.50 from ebay:lol: Guess which one i bought ????

Dale_tem

Feb 9, 2012
Cheap USB and 3.5mm to ipod doesn't work.

I'm now trying a SEAT specific cable for £14 off ebay.

Fingers crossed!!!

Tried an old creative 16Gb mp3 player today, but found most of the files didn't work for some reason (not sure if bitrate was too high or they were VBR or what).

Will try an SD card with files on in a min

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
should be fine
I like the way the ad states the BMW doesn't fit right because its a short cable
I don't want my ipod on show so it sits in the little pocket directly under the USB port :)

Websta

Apr 12, 2011
Search for a seller called delux_item. They sell a cable for BMW for 8 50 and it works perfectly....had it for over a year with 0 problems

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Thats the one i used.

8.50 and works a treat.

It was posted from Hong Kong if i remember and took approx a week to arrive

KELHAM

is FRickin' Loving it!!
Sep 5, 2011
Wiltshire
Search for a seller called delux_item. They sell a cable for BMW for 8 50 and it works perfectly....had it for over a year with 0 problems

I used this one, however after a couple of months it now goes abit crackly so he said I should return it back to him (all the way to hong kong!!)

I'd be interested to know how the £13.50 one works advertised at the Seat Leon one (lead looks longer too which is good!!)

KEL

KELHAM

is FRickin' Loving it!!
Sep 5, 2011
Wiltshire
Ah, just noticed that too!! Yep could be a problem... But the pictures in the listing showing it connected to a Leon has the straight headphone jack which is very Wierd!! An email to the seller might be in order to clarify!!
Does anybody have a picture or used the genuine seat one?! Interesting to see what it's like (looks and quality!!)

KELHAM

is FRickin' Loving it!!
Sep 5, 2011
Wiltshire
No idea, I wanted the long cable so I can stick my ipod somewhere without worrying about moving it each time I get out of the car.

Dale_tem,

Please let me know how you get one with this lead as I could be very interested in purchasing one if it's ok!! To be honest I do find the one I have (that was mentioned in the above links) that because it does have the straight aux jack that it sometimes pulls its self away, so it will be interesting to see how the right angled one goes in and feels once when its plugged in!!

Dale_tem

Feb 9, 2012
I will update you when it arrives (probably Monday, but will check the post at work tomorrow)

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Yes it does ... or it did with my standard head unit before it got changed.
As long as you have the USB/AUX ports top plug both into!!

Thanks mate,

I've got the standard red illuminated head unit with bluetooth and the USB/AUX ports in the oddment tray in front of the gearstick

i'll get one ordered tonight. well worth £15!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise