n75 change

285cupra-matty

Oct 28, 2010
Harlow
hi All,

im looking at changing my n75 valve i have been told that a J version of this is the best to get, i have also found the one for sale on awesome gti, i have an lcr 225, can any one advise on what would be my best bet get a standard J version or the ECS item from awesome???

many thanks

andycupra

status subject to change
J valve will give a bit more boost, but thats not to say its the best to get.

If you are remapped or will be getting remapped id advise getting the standard N75.
(and you are much better gettign remapped than playing around with N75s in search of performance).

Last edited:

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
I have an ECS n75 ( which turns out just to be a ground down identified H valve)

initial spike is nice but it tails back to standard power curve further up the range,

I put the stock N75 back on and it did feel slightly flat in comparison, but if im honest id say its possibly more progressive , so theres next to nothing in it.

Last edited:

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
i have a revo 1 map and a j valve. my boost gauge suggests the j give a slghtly higher peak and reduces the loss a bit. however the the boost seems smoother with the standard valve. i kept the j valve on as i like the way it feels but i wouldnt buy one if it aint broke

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members