Strange tyre wear

simondo8

Hi there, i have just notice that the inside inch of my passenger side front tyre is worn at a 45 degree angle. Can anyone tell me why this happened? My last MOT was 12000 miles ago and i had an advisory that a wishbone bush was worn and the ball joint was slightly worn on that side. Could this be what is causing it? I am off to get some new tyres fitted now :)
Thanks for any advice
Si

Jordanwaterhous

Motorsport > Scene
Sep 15, 2009
Leeds
www.facebook.com
Firstly, are you lowered?

Secondly, have you had 4 wheel alignment recently?

Thirdly, get the bushes fixed and the ball joint, that is what has mostly likely caused the wheels to be misaligned causing uneven tyre wear.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
nothing is ever strange about tyre wear ;)

it will be your worn bushes that are causing it. you may need a new tyre if it is worn to the chord

simondo8

cheers for the advice lads :) I have got some new tyres on the front now. And no she is standard in every way! i have never had 4 wheel alignment done either....

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
cheers for the advice lads :) I have got some new tyres on the front now. And no she is standard in every way! i have never had 4 wheel alignment done either....

ok, well before you go and shred your new tyres, make sure you get the wishbone bush and the ball joint ASAP.
then find your nearest garage who uses a hunter wheel alignment system, and ask for a full geo (should be about £55)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.