What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
I took my very dirty Cupra down to Statller to collect a jacking point cover they very kindly painted for me. A good wash & wax tomorrow I think.

While I was down there I went out for a spin in Steve's Stage 2 997 Turbo. Jesus Christ I have never been in a car that fast in my life. I have to own a car like that before I'm 40! 10 years to save.

Somewhat underwhelming getting back in my Cupra to drive off home...

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Decided to give the car a good clean today, after using cherry snow foam, drying cloth, colour magic wax colour enhancer and meguiar quick wax. Also used tyre dressing and totaly hoovered out the car.

Here's a few pics of the results

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

:)

Sep 19, 2010
Glasgow
Went to a car detailing meet, they used my car as the demo so got it washed all with Chemical guys products including the new Lava Wax....then had a blast down the motorway with a guy who was there in a Stage4+ Revo (425bhp) Focus RS and he couldn't get away think he was surprised :)

Last edited:

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Went to a car detailing meet, they used my car as the demo so got it washed all with Chemical guys products including the new Lava Wax....then had a blast down the motorway with a guy who was there in a Stage4+ Revo (425bhp) Focus RS and he couldn't get away think he was surprised :)

How did you manage to wrangle that one mate, well played!:) Ha, I bet that guy was a little gutted seeing the angry Cupra not going away in his rearview!;)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
This morning is installed a glovebox light and led footwell lighting in all footwells. Just need it to get dark so I can adjust the brightness of the footwell lights to my liking....

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Fitted my black k1 grill and took the FR for a good drive down the A69 and M6 with a tour through the lake district. She may have 72k miles on her but still so smooth.

Next mod, painted calipers and possibly the rear air extractor

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Went for a drive about. Loads of traffic and people pootling along at 35 in a 60 limit causing big tailbacks. Also got beeped by some tw@t behind because I didn't move the millisecond a traffic light went from red to amber...

Nov 15, 2011
Washed waxed and claybar'd the car need to get a machine polisher for swirls made by bloody dealers.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Washed waxed and claybar'd the car need to get a machine polisher for swirls made by bloody dealers.

Been thinking of getting one too mate just not got a clue how to use one and a little worried of messing the paint up even more!;)

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2011
Been thinking of getting one too mate just not got a clue how to use one and a little worried of messing the paint up even more!;)

Yeah they ok just get a small one as the big big ones ache your arms after a while then you tend to make mistakes get a das 6 as they are very good I an gettin one due too opening my own valetin/detailing business. Ha ha

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Yeah they ok just get a small one as the big big ones ache your arms after a while then you tend to make mistakes get a das 6 as they are very good I an gettin one due too opening my own valetin/detailing business. Ha ha

Cheers for the advice buddy, will look into them. Any advice on where to pick one up from?