Interior coversion to LED's (Pics inside)

MCarda

Mine shipped yesterday as well, let me know when yours arrive. It will take longer for me as they are going to the Czech Republic... at least they shipped to my correct address, stupid PayPal automatically put my address in Portugal for the delivery and caused a bunch of confusion!

Top Dog

Aug 12, 2011
Wolverhampton
Can I just order side lights and number plates LEDs only from this place ? Has anyone bought only these from them and do they work without any problem ?

I bought the number pate LED's from the ebay seller mentioned at the start of the thread as the LED's on partsulike seem to not give the OEM look. Didn't bother with sidelights.

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Whoever ordered the premium kit from partsulike can confirm that LED side lights are working perfectly without giving any error on a car with xenons please ???

Krasyy

Dec 7, 2011
Whoever ordered the premium kit from partsulike can confirm that LED side lights are working perfectly without giving any error on a car with xenons please ???

Works perfectly! all the LEDs in the premium kit... :)

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Help please

Evening all,

Last week I bought a set of side and fog lights from HID direct and today got round to fit the side lights, so removed the right side light bulb and put the LED in but check side light message came on MFD so put the orignal bulb back on but it didn't come on and the error stayed on the MFD.

Now I was told by the guys at HID direct that these LED's have built in resistors but still I bought the resistor leads seprately just in case but while changing the side light blub I couldn't understand how to attach those resitors with the wire so just went ahead with the change hence this issue.

I believe one of the fuses are blown but can't figure out which one and couldn't understand the manual either.

So guys first thing I need to know which fuse needs replacing and secondly how can I attach this resistor lead with the bulb wiring, it looks to me as if I'll have to cut the bulb wire to attach this lead and if thats the case I'm quite reluctant to do so.

Please shed some light on this.

Thanks

PS wanted to attach a picture of the resistor lead but just can't find the option :confused:
webwysard

Last edited:

MCarda

I received and installed my Premium LED kit from PartsULike.co.uk last week, and am very impressed!

The LED sidelights and reg plate lights work like a charm, but my "continental" model Leon has different bulb requirements for the interior lights - Dave from PartsULike is replacing the missing bulb for free!

Great product + service!

Definitely have to recommend it!

Once I have washed all the salt and crud off my car (so that the reg plate will at least be visible, not just a grey block) I will post some pictures!

May 7, 2011
North East, UK
I received and installed my Premium LED kit from PartsULike.co.uk last week, and am very impressed!

The LED sidelights and reg plate lights work like a charm, but my "continental" model Leon has different bulb requirements for the interior lights - Dave from PartsULike is replacing the missing bulb for free!

Great product + service!

Definitely have to recommend it!

Once I have washed all the salt and crud off my car (so that the reg plate will at least be visible, not just a grey block) I will post some pictures!

When did you order??
I am still waiting for mine!!

MCarda

I ordered mine on the 10th, they shipped on the 15th (weekend in between), and they arrived in the Czech Republic last Wednesday, the 22nd.

GhostMjr

Dec 27, 2007
Hi,

Googled interior front light swap for seat Leon and your post popped up :).

I gather u got it replaced ok?

Any idea how to pop out the plastic out?

Any photos would be great!

I need to swap the main light as only the reading lights work now!

Thanks for your help!

Ghost

Last edited:

Top Dog

Aug 12, 2011
Wolverhampton
Hi,

Googled interior front light swap for seat Leon and your post popped up :).

I gather u got it replaced ok?

Any idea how to pop out the plastic out?

Any photos would be great!

I need to swap the main light as only the reading lights work now!

Thanks for your help!

Ghost

Theirs 4 clips which hold the clear plastic in. If you look closely you will be able to see them, wedge a small screw driver with abit of cloth on the end (so you dont scratch anything) and slowly pull it off. Hope this helps.

Krasyy

Dec 7, 2011
Just a useful tip: before doing the conversion, take out the 7,5A (brown) fuse from the panel that is at the end of the dashboard, cause during fitting the rear bulds, that fuse gone wrong most of the time

Top Dog

Aug 12, 2011
Wolverhampton
Quick update i wouldn't buy from hids-direct Ebay seller as their Led's do seem to stop working after a few months. I have sent hids-direct several emails and they have not bothered to reply to any so best to go with another seller/make as these will stop working after abit.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.